Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Do you think that Brian should continue posting?

Julian Nell
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Do you think that Brian should continue posting?

Those of you that read through my initial post about Brian's (LordV's) absence, will know that Brian decided that his work wasn't welcomed on this board, after reading the post by Tom Hicks about the direction the board has taken. Well, that really rubbed me the wrong way. Brian has been a member on this board for over 7 years, and he is going to stop posting because of ONE view on the problems in this board? I think not. I have learned a lot from Brian's posts both on here and on other forums; I still use the method of holding a rod alongside part of the camera for stability.
Whenever I would get on the board, the first thing I looked for was a new thread by Brian. The "Odds and Sods" series was my favorite, because it had incredible photography and, usually, at least one strange thing that I had never seen before.

Brian, I am confident that the poll results will reflect my opinion and, hopefully, change yours.

Julian

Oct 09, 2013 at 04:06 AM
MarkB1
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Do you think that Brian should continue posting?

It's a pity Brian isn't posting here anymore, I always enjoyed seeing his stuff. I don't think anything Tom said should be reason for him to stop, but that's my POV. Exclusivity by design is anathema.

I think Brian was a great asset to this forum and would like to see his stuff posted again, and his offering of his extensive know-how is also missed.

But the question of 'should' Brian post here again is really up to Brian - but I'll say yes anyway ...

Oct 09, 2013 at 04:19 AM
Dalantech
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Do you think that Brian should continue posting?

I don't see how a poll is going to make any difference.

Oct 09, 2013 at 06:03 AM
e6filmuser
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Do you think that Brian should continue posting?

While I agree with the senrtiment, if Brian is no longer comfortable posting here then we can't expect him to do so.

Brian is regularly posting here:

http://dgrin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Harold

Oct 09, 2013 at 07:09 AM
michael kilner
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Do you think that Brian should continue posting?

I dont blame him,his style of work has been panned yet again,this time by the forum moderator,even the last slanging match has been reposted,disgraceful

Oct 09, 2013 at 03:21 PM
Julian Nell
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Do you think that Brian should continue posting?

I am trying to get Brian feeling comfortable enough to post. This thread isn't about telling Brian that he has to post; no, it's about letting him know that there is more than one opinion out there. I, also, don't want Brian posting if it makes him uncomfortable.

Julian

Oct 09, 2013 at 03:43 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Do you think that Brian should continue posting?

I miss Brian's post very much. I certainly can understand his feelings and opinions. I hope that he will realize that most of us miss his contributions . It is a real loss not having one who is so talented and willing to share .

Birdie

Oct 09, 2013 at 05:33 PM
Mike4AU

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Do you think that Brian should continue posting?

I think his work is totally awesome!

Oct 10, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Tom Hicks
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Do you think that Brian should continue posting?

As I said in the where's Brian thread. He is major contributor , and also enjoy some of his work. Brian posting again would be great. I have never said I ever wanted any member to stop posting. I also said not to leave on my acount. Come back and post some 3d stuff or I will have to change my eye glasses back to the
2006 perscription .

Tom

Oct 10, 2013 at 08:23 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

e6filmuser
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Do you think that Brian should continue posting?

Those members who do not consider themselves to be entomologists, but who would like to know more about insects, might be interested in the is book, published last month. It seems than Brian was the principle contributor of photographs:

"Bugs Rule!: An Introduction to the World of Insects" by Whitney Cranshaw and Richard Redak, Princeton University Press, currently available as hardcover and Kindle editions. ISBN-10: 0691124957;| ISBN-13: 978-0691124957

Harold

Oct 22, 2013 at 06:30 AM
Zalllon
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Do you think that Brian should continue posting?

Hmm, that's sad. One of the only reason I've visited this forum over the years was to see his work. No need to to come here now for me, I'll stick to the Wedding and Buy & Sell forums only.

Harold, thanks for that link, saved on the iPad

Nov 06, 2013 at 08:26 AM
kiernter
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Do you think that Brian should continue posting?

The whole thing seems silly to me-- all around.

Nov 06, 2013 at 01:24 PM
coder
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Do you think that Brian should continue posting?

Yeah, sure, if he wants to.

I don't think it was Tom's intention to make him feel "unwelcome" or to cause Brian to take exception.

Different points of view are a good thing, people do not always have to agree on everything. Diversity is good.

Brian should have responded to the post he took exception to - with his point of view.

And, well, the result of the poll is decisive, you gotta come back Brian.

Nov 08, 2013 at 11:23 AM
rick2906
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Do you think that Brian should continue posting?

Yes I miss him too! I don't look at the macro section anymore and don't post, it felt more friendly before. I spend more time in the nature and wildlife section.

Nov 21, 2013 at 05:38 AM
r_o_b_s_o_n
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Do you think that Brian should continue posting?

I'm not brian,

but this forum doesn't have an overly warm and fuzzy feeling...

just sayin'

Nov 21, 2013 at 06:43 PM
e6filmuser
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Do you think that Brian should continue posting?

r_o_b_s_o_n wrote:
I'm not brian,

but this forum doesn't have an overly warm and fuzzy feeling...

just sayin'

Do I detect a touch of hyperbole?

Anyway, taking the comment as it stands, have you found a photographic forum which does?

Harold

Nov 22, 2013 at 09:32 AM
TucsonTom
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Do you think that Brian should continue posting?

Being by no means a long term member, maybe I can give a fresh perspective. I certainly think that Brian (aka LordV) has done some amazing work -- I have seen his posts both here and on photomacrograpy.net and I figure that he is someone I could learn a lot from, and to produce work at his level would be something to strive for. I hope he does reconsider and be active here and/or elsewhere. We would all benefit.

I read the thread that apparently triggered this -- and frankly was entirely amazed by the reaction of some people to it. I have always found Tom Hicks to be a gentleman, unless he has a dark side that still remains hidden to me. I can't speak for him, but even after careful rereading I am hard put to get the impression that he wanted to exclude anyone or limit the forum in some way. I felt he was trying to provoke people in a positive way to up their game a notch, to be more "artistic" (whatever that is, but I think I can recognize it sometimes).

Issues like close-up versus macro, tubes versus non-tubes, stacked or not-stacked -- to my mind are ridiculous. The photos can speak for themselves. I hope they are all welcomed here.

Nov 22, 2013 at 06:21 PM
DQE1.0
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Do you think that Brian should continue posting?

Lord V posts at many forums, of course. An active forum where he regularly posts is here:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Nov 24, 2013 at 01:30 AM

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password