Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       7       8       end

Archive 2013 · Nikon D610 officially announced

trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #1 · p.6 #1 · Nikon D610 officially announced

Zero interest for me in the D600/D610 but I sure feel bad for all of you that got hosed.

Oct 11, 2013 at 02:15 AM
geezfools
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #2 · p.6 #2 · Nikon D610 officially announced

trenchmonkey wrote:
Zero interest for me in the D600/D610 but I sure feel bad for all of you that got hosed.

I had some interest. It went from the D700, to the D600 and was going to deal with shutter issues, to the D800 and a day later I just paid for a low click D800. So freaking pumped right now!

Oct 11, 2013 at 03:07 AM
brunobarolo
• •
p.6 #3 · p.6 #3 · Nikon D610 officially announced

rattymouse wrote:
I was close to a D600, but i held back watching how Nikon handled this situation. It is appalling what they have done to their customers and now the Canon 6D is on my radar. That along with a cheap F mount adapter.

You may want to read what Roger Cicala at lensrentals.com writes about cheap adapters before going that route:

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/09/there-is-no-free-lunch-episode-763-lens-adapters

Oct 11, 2013 at 06:26 AM
BarryAllen

p.6 #4 · p.6 #4 · Nikon D610 officially announced

I have a question. I bought a D600 several months ago which I'm quite happy with and I've seemed to have dodged the dirty sensor issues. Will the rapid release of the D610 extend the technological life cycle of the D600 since they are almost identical? Will Nikon delay the release of their next body in this class that actually has updated features?

Oct 11, 2013 at 07:39 AM
rattymouse
• • • •
p.6 #5 · p.6 #5 · Nikon D610 officially announced

BarryAllen wrote:
I have a question. I bought a D600 several months ago which I'm quite happy with and I've seemed to have dodged the dirty sensor issues. Will the rapid release of the D610 extend the technological life cycle of the D600 since they are almost identical? Will Nikon delay the release of their next body in this class that actually has updated features?

Who do you think can answer this? Only Nikon knows and they are NOT here.

Oct 11, 2013 at 08:36 AM
jonrock
• •
p.6 #6 · p.6 #6 · Nikon D610 officially announced

BarryAllen wrote:

This is hard to guess. Typically, a lot of the new DSLR releases come every 2-3 years. Although,I think Nikon stated recently that they would be concentrating on entry level cameras which might also include entry level FF. So, they might more frequently release updates.

Oct 11, 2013 at 01:05 PM
lara_ckl
• •
p.6 #7 · p.6 #7 · Nikon D610 officially announced

BarryAllen wrote:

Apples to oranges, but.....

D300, followed closely by D300s, then nothing, followed by nothing.

Ask Andre, he's our resident prognosticator. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1222298

Oct 11, 2013 at 01:54 PM
AMaji
• • • •
p.6 #8 · p.6 #8 · Nikon D610 officially announced

I thought Nikon was replacing the D600 shutter mechanisms under warranty for those who contact Nikon with their D600. In that case, one is paying for shipping and handling costs and lost time during the repair. As for depreciation, I think once you buy an electronics item, then you should just enjoy it and not worry about its resale value.

Oct 11, 2013 at 02:05 PM
VinnieJ
• • •
p.6 #9 · p.6 #9 · Nikon D610 officially announced

rattymouse wrote:
I was close to a D600, but i held back watching how Nikon handled this situation. It is appalling what they have done to their customers and now the Canon 6D is on my radar. That along with a cheap F mount adapter.

So no D610 on the radar? Maybe Mr. Hogan was right:

"The bottom line is that the way Nikon handled this basically just allowed everyone to reiterate the problem that led to the new camera in the first place. In other words, Nikon's own actions have just amplified the problem and caused virtually all of the photographic press to write about D600 oil and splatter issues. Again. If the camera weren't already devalued and tough for dealers to sell, this round of press certainly didn't help, and savvy consumers are going to be a little more suspicious of the D610, too."

Oct 11, 2013 at 02:39 PM
mco_970
• • • • •
p.6 #10 · p.6 #10 · Nikon D610 officially announced

AMaji wrote:
As for depreciation, I think once you buy an electronics item, then you should just enjoy it and not worry about its resale value.

This is what it comes down to for me. I bought it knowing there were potential oil issues, I had to clean mine once. I fished around for a reason to clean the sensor after watching this thread for a few days and I can't find a good reason to bother. Mine has stayed clean enough. And it still takes the best images of any DSLR I've ever owned, making it well worthwhile to me.

I know not everyone feels this way, YMMV, and of course this is my opinion only.

Oct 11, 2013 at 03:39 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.6 #11 · p.6 #11 · Nikon D610 officially announced

lara_ckl wrote:
Apples to oranges, but.....

D300, followed closely by D300s, then nothing, followed by nothing.

Ask Andre, he's our resident prognosticator. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1222298

And it's a tough job too! Or at least a depressing one

When I bought my D300 I figured I would skip a generation an in 5 or 6 years replace it with a D500 .... and here we are still waiting for the D400 and wondering if it will ever come.

As for the D600s ... I mean D60 ... I think it's a safe bet there will be a follow-up to it some day but exactly what form, who knows.

Oct 11, 2013 at 03:54 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.6 #12 · p.6 #12 · Nikon D610 officially announced

AMaji wrote:
... As for depreciation, I think once you buy an electronics item, then you should just enjoy it and not worry about its resale value.

Exactly! I buy electronics and run them into the ground for that very reason. That is why I generally skip a generation when upgrading too.

Oct 11, 2013 at 03:56 PM
g13a

p.6 #13 · p.6 #13 · Nikon D610 officially announced

jonrock wrote:
Although,I think Nikon stated recently that they would be concentrating on entry level cameras which might also include entry level FF. So, they might more frequently release updates.

With launch of D600,we all have seen results of Nikon introducing entry level FF DSLR.
Now it's time for some oil on APS-C sensor,probably with launch of D400.

Oct 11, 2013 at 06:17 PM
Guari
• • •
p.6 #14 · p.6 #14 · Nikon D610 officially announced

g13a wrote:
With launch of D600,we all have seen results of Nikon introducing entry level FF DSLR.
Now it's time for some oil on APS-C sensor,probably with launch of D400.

this made me laugh out loud for sure!

Sorry Andre

Oct 11, 2013 at 06:40 PM
Mr.Sneis

p.6 #15 · p.6 #15 · Nikon D610 officially announced

Race to the bottom?

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1304837/?fwcs=ta567338

Oct 11, 2013 at 07:28 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.6 #16 · p.6 #16 · Nikon D610 officially announced

Guari wrote:

this made me laugh out loud for sure!

Sorry Andre

Curses upon you! May a 1000 oil spots land on your sensor! Oh, wait, that already happens ... time to come up with a new curse.

Oct 11, 2013 at 07:37 PM
hans98ko
• • •
p.6 #17 · p.6 #17 · Nikon D610 officially announced

Really can't understand those people who don't own a D600 or a D800 keep reposting the rumors of oil and dust issue or the left focusing issue.
It is not that there is no such issues, but rather that it has been over blown on the internet.
The oil and dust issue will happen on any camera be it a digital or film, Canon or Nikon or any other brands that I had ever used. Ever wonder why in the film days you see a couple of spots on your negatives or prints? It is not that we didn't give a couple of hard taps on the developing tank to knock off the air bubbles from the film but oil coming from new shutters or dust or hair that gets on the negatives or prints. The next thing is that the oil coming from the shutter is limited to what was been applied during manufacturing and not from an oil field that keep pumping it out. Even if it is an oil field, there is a limit of how much oil it can pump and how long it can pump.
I keep telling people around me that if they want to use DSLR for photography, they better learn how to clean their sensors or else they will always face with the problem of having spots and dust on their photographs if they keep changing their lenses in the open.

Finally, just like everything that is bad will have something good that comes along, and that is with all the bad publicity of the D600 oil and dust issues come the D610. With the D610 coming along the price of the D600 will come down for those who do not mind cleaning their own sensor and having an almost perfect medium weight (with respect to CSC/MIL) and high performance camera.
The only things that I can think of and are missing on the D600 or D610 are the 51 focusing points and the 100% center button review. Maybe add in a better electronic level function as on the D800. But definitely nothing to do with the buffer, I can do just as well with 3 to 5 fps for any kind of photography, be it stationary or chasing a jet at 700 km/h at low altitude just below the sound barrier.

Edited on Oct 12, 2013 at 02:40 AM · View previous versions

Oct 12, 2013 at 02:23 AM
hijazist
• • • •
p.6 #18 · p.6 #18 · Nikon D610 officially announced

hans98ko wrote:
Really can't understand those people who don't own a D600 or a D800 keep reposting the rumors of oil and dust issue or the left focusing issue.

How did you decide that those ranting are non-owners? Also, what's your explanation that Nikon introduced a D610 (exact same model) only a year after the D600?

Oct 12, 2013 at 02:30 AM
hans98ko
• • •
p.6 #19 · p.6 #19 · Nikon D610 officially announced

Did I said anything that none of them are owners?
Did I not acknowledge that there are these issues?
Oh! Please read before starting another words of war post that we don't need.
Product life for consumers are getting shorter and shorter and more competitive, so don't expect every camera to have a product life cycle of 3-5 years, but maybe just for the top end. Look at D5100, D5200 and the coming D5300 or the D7000 and the D7100 as examples. Or the phone industry which has a product life cycle of only 9-12 months.

Edited on Oct 12, 2013 at 02:51 AM · View previous versions

Oct 12, 2013 at 02:34 AM
hijazist
• • • •
p.6 #20 · p.6 #20 · Nikon D610 officially announced

hans98ko wrote:
Did I said anything that none of them are owners?
Did I not acknowledge that there are these issues?
Oh! Please read before starting another words of war post that we don't need.

LMAO, no "words of war" my friend, antsy a bit much?! All I'm saying is that why aren't we seeing a D810 even though the D800 left focus issue (or any issue with other cameras) was also overblown on the internet?

Oct 12, 2013 at 02:46 AM
       7       8       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

7       8       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password