1       2       3       4      
       6       7       8       end

Archive 2013 · Nikon D610 officially announced

Buffalonian
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Nikon D610 officially announced

mightaswell wrote:
Nikon is fucking us again! First the FM2/FM2n fiasco, now this!

I sense a bit of sarcasim. *snicker*

Oct 09, 2013 at 09:02 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Nikon D610 officially announced

Thom Hogan put a pretty good compilation of all the photography press with regards to the D610 ... needless to say, people are seeing through the smoke screen and they are pissed.

http://www.dslrbodies.com/newsviews/the-early-nikon-d610-headli.html

Oct 09, 2013 at 09:33 AM
mightaswell

p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Nikon D610 officially announced

Feels like a missed opportunity to add back features that users felt were crippled the first time around. Such as sync speed, max shutter, etc

Oct 09, 2013 at 10:16 AM
richuwo11

p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · Nikon D610 officially announced

mightaswell wrote:
Feels like a missed opportunity to add back features that users felt were crippled the first time around. Such as sync speed, max shutter, etc

If they did that, I really would have been pissed. The 0.5 FPS increase and "quiet" shutter I am ok with. No regrets yet with my D600.

Oct 09, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Benjamin Hicks

p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · Nikon D610 officially announced

This same shit happened with the D300...thanks again, Nikon.

Oct 09, 2013 at 12:38 PM
M Lucca
• • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · Nikon D610 officially announced

Online Photographer—Headline: New Nikon, The Oil That Wasn't There. Quote: "So is the oil-on-the-sensor problem gone? Nikon can't say. Huh? Why? Well, because it wasn't there. You see, Nikon never really acknowledged the problem in the first place. So it can't very well trumpet the news that the problem has been fixed.

I thought this was really funny.

I wonder perhaps Nikon should've delayed the d610 launch so as to avoid the appearance that there is a problem with the d600. I can only guess the d600 sales really slumped that bad that Nikon had no choice but to come out with a new "fixed" model.

Oct 09, 2013 at 12:41 PM
M Lucca
• • •
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · Nikon D610 officially announced

I've said it before on this forum during those "Impact Damage" topics.

Thom seems to agree.

Here's a thought: if you want to be the number one camera producer in the world, maybe you ought to act like the number one supporter of your customers and not hide behind cultural differences.

Oct 09, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Kell
• • •
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · Nikon D610 officially announced

D600 at Best Buy is $1699 today. I just ordered a 610 anyway....$300 less for a 600 is great but I know I'll just stew over it if there is an issue....

Oct 09, 2013 at 12:55 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · Nikon D610 officially announced

rhawara wrote:
Skip the D600 and get the D610 AFTER people confirm that there are no more oil issues. Don't even consider the D600 which will be selling used for next to nothing because so many are duds. The $200 extra dollars isn't worth the hassle and aggravation.

Two thumbs way down to Nikon, I really feel for D600 users.

Yeh, talk about a slap in the face...not to mention your second hand wallet.

Oct 09, 2013 at 01:08 PM
DavidCZ
• • •
p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · Nikon D610 officially announced

SloPhoto wrote:
The worst part? That was a refurbished D600 which should be less prone to oil

Nikon can not fix the oil issue with D600. That's why it came up with D610.

The marketing section of Nikon is totally out of mind and out of syncs with its customers.
There are no D700 and D300s upgrade from Nikon for years. People have been crying for D400 and D700 upgrade for a long time.

Oct 09, 2013 at 05:16 PM
Thorsten
• • •
p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · Nikon D610 officially announced

If they don't bring themselves to acknowledge the issue or somehow are afraid of loosing face, then they could still have handled it better: Bring out the new camera under the "D600" label and don't say a word. Lower the price a bit for the holiday season. Give anybody who sends his D600 in for the oil issue a replacement "new" D600.

Oct 09, 2013 at 06:28 PM
John Skinner
• • •
p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · Nikon D610 officially announced

With the reports that started showing up from NAS telling people they had "water damage" inside items, and then charging them crazy amounts.. I thought things at Nikon had really go over the edge, making me question all of this investment.

Now it's just blatantly open. Nikon will choose when and how to make suckers out of their loyal customers at will. So much so that instead of nipping this in the bud when the issues came up, stopping or changing production methods, they chose to skirt around it. And ultimately.. releasing a new body design, but having the king size stones.. to just add a digit to the model name end. And sell it.

Nikon... you are a bad company !

And these things cause people to feel that years of product loyalty is for not... because you now have a board room of drunk Japanese guys running the show. It's not all about profits. Bring this back to when owning a Nikon was a thing of prestige and not one of..... 'which one is on sale'.

Oct 10, 2013 at 07:43 AM
fsiagian
• • • •
p.5 #13 · p.5 #13 · Nikon D610 officially announced

Can the lemon law protect the d600 owners or probably class action against nikon?

Oct 10, 2013 at 07:50 AM
Guari
• • •
p.5 #14 · p.5 #14 · Nikon D610 officially announced

I'm pretty pis..d at the whole Japanese attitude on accepting problems and responsibilities. I'm well aware that this post won't change a thing on how greedy CEO's and executive boards do their gig, but come on.. customer should be priority 1...

My wife has a D600 and she uses it sparingly, no real oil issues with her camera. I sent the camera last week as I had just a couple weeks left of warranty just for the sake of it, and now I find myself that Nikon has released a new model just to address what they should have done for all D600 owners..

FWIW, I just received a work done notice from Nikon Europe, and they did change the whole shutter assembly on the camera.

Oct 10, 2013 at 08:37 AM
MikeW
• • •
p.5 #15 · p.5 #15 · Nikon D610 officially announced

speak with your wallet & go canon

but really, who wants to do that

Oct 10, 2013 at 09:03 AM
lara_ckl
• • •
p.5 #16 · p.5 #16 · Nikon D610 officially announced

Switching to Canon, or any other non-Nikon systems is an extremely option. I don't think many Nikon user will do that based on current events. But what Nikon should be worried about is the slow erosion of customer goodwill and brand-enthusiasm.

Fewer people will pre-order. Fewer will be early adopters. Many will wait-and-see when a camera is introduced. Sales will slow. Discounts will be offered. People who bought pre-discount will be mad. Add that to the pool of dis-disillusioned customers. Now even more will wait-and-see. Rinse, repeat.

As a company that relies heavily on photographic equipment for revenue and profit, Nikon has less wiggle room than Canon.

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.5 #17 · p.5 #17 · Nikon D610 officially announced

lara_ckl wrote:
Switching to Canon, or any other non-Nikon systems is an extremely option. I don't think many Nikon user will do that based on current events. But what Nikon should be worried about is the slow erosion of customer goodwill and brand-enthusiasm.

Fewer people will pre-order. Fewer will be early adopters. Many will wait-and-see when a camera is introduced. Sales will slow. Discounts will be offered. People who bought pre-discount will be mad. Add that to the pool of dis-disillusioned customers. Now even more will wait-and-see. Rinse, repeat.

As a company that relies heavily on photographic equipment for revenue and profit, Nikon has
...Show more

+10 And Nikon's goal improving gross margin will erode as all these things happen. Also, Nikon's of winning market share in a shrinking market will also suffer as people will be less likely to switch.

Oct 10, 2013 at 05:07 PM
agelessphotog
• • •
p.5 #18 · p.5 #18 · Nikon D610 officially announced

When do you guys think the best time will be to buy a new or refurb D600? I currently have one and would like a 2nd for my 2nd shooter at weddings. I rarely see spots on my photos, once in a while if I take a shot at F10 or something I might see one or two easily taken out in post. So it's really not an issue for me. I did a test with a white paper and seen quite a few, but I don't see where that really matters.

Oct 10, 2013 at 07:50 PM
Kell
• • •
p.5 #19 · p.5 #19 · Nikon D610 officially announced

saw yesterday Best Buy dropped them to $1699, maybe less for the Holidays? get rid of them to sell 610's...??

what blows me away is the D300s is still selling for $1699...well, maybe 'selling' is a stretch

Oct 10, 2013 at 08:23 PM
rattymouse
• • • • •
p.5 #20 · p.5 #20 · Nikon D610 officially announced

MikeW wrote:
speak with your wallet & go canon

but really, who wants to do that

I was close to a D600, but i held back watching how Nikon handled this situation. It is appalling what they have done to their customers and now the Canon 6D is on my radar. That along with a cheap F mount adapter.

Oct 10, 2013 at 09:02 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.