Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5              7       8       end

Archive 2013 · Nikon D610 officially announced

leighton w
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Nikon D610 officially announced

newtophoto wrote:
I think I'm going to send in my D600 for a clean up of oil/dust before my warranty expires. Anyone know if they just clean it or will they replace the actual parts causing the oil spots?

I sent mine in a couple of weeks ago for a check up before the warranty ran out and they replaced the shutter mechanism. They also cleaned the sensor, updated firmware, checked the AF, and cleaned the whole camera. It came back looking like a new camera in less than two weeks. I've put a few hundred images on it since, and still no issues.

Oct 08, 2013 at 08:32 PM
NickHenderson
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Nikon D610 officially announced

newtophoto wrote:
I think I'm going to send in my D600 for a clean up of oil/dust before my warranty expires. Anyone know if they just clean it or will they replace the actual parts causing the oil spots?

They replaced the shutter mechanism on mine, and did some other routine checks.

But like I said earlier, I don't think it fixed the problem.

Oct 08, 2013 at 08:55 PM
lara_ckl
• •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Nikon D610 officially announced

leighton w wrote:
I sent mine in a couple of weeks ago for a check up before the warranty ran out and they replaced the shutter mechanism. They also cleaned the sensor, updated firmware, checked the AF, and cleaned the whole camera. It came back looking like a new camera in less than two weeks. I've put a few hundred images on it since, and still no issues.

NickHenderson wrote:
They replaced the shutter mechanism on mine, and did some other routine checks.

But like I said earlier, I don't think it fixed the problem.

This might be the reason they had to replace the D600 with the D610. Maybe changing the shutter assembly isn't enough in some cases. Maybe it is a bigger design flaw that cannot be fixed retrospectively. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe.

Would be interesting to tear down both and see what else they changed.

Oct 08, 2013 at 09:01 PM
NickHenderson
• •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Nikon D610 officially announced

twistys4me wrote:
Order your self a copper hill wet cleaning kit! I have had to wet clean mine 5 times. have someware around 15000 on the shutter now and it stays pretty clean now.

I've wet cleaned mine around 5 times, only 5000 clicks...

Oct 08, 2013 at 09:14 PM
OccAeon
• • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Nikon D610 officially announced

It looks like they didn't even bother to bring the buttons into alignment with the D7100, which is just stupid. Why have two current DSLR's with almost-but-not-quite identical sets buttons?

Oct 08, 2013 at 09:40 PM
MazeRunner
• • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Nikon D610 officially announced

taran wrote:
D3200.

Need one that does well up to 6,400-12,800 ISO. =O

Oct 08, 2013 at 09:44 PM
klb1122

p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Nikon D610 officially announced

I now own a camera that's worth MAYBE half of what I paid for it 10 months ago. The D600 is now officially a black sheep. Thank you Nikon.

Oct 08, 2013 at 09:47 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Nikon D610 officially announced

klb1122 wrote:
I now own a camera that's worth MAYBE half of what I paid for it 10 months ago. The D600 is now officially a black sheep. Thank you Nikon.

Cameras are like cars, they loose 25% as soon as you buy them ... and cameras do better than most electronic devices. A camera is not an investment.

Oct 08, 2013 at 09:51 PM
JeffAUSTIN
• •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Nikon D610 officially announced

Maybe this is Nikon's way of moving on...6 months from now nobody will care and the word on the forums will be for the 620

Oct 08, 2013 at 10:42 PM
brewercm
• •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Nikon D610 officially announced

Damn, now I feel like I bought Yugo.

Oct 09, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

rattymouse
• • • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · Nikon D610 officially announced

Andre Labonte wrote:
Cameras are like cars, they loose 25% as soon as you buy them ... and cameras do better than most electronic devices. A camera is not an investment.

*Nobody* buys a camera as an investment. Nobody. It is ludicrous to think that someone out there believes that they will turn a profit on a camera purchase. What *is* done (often) is buy a camera and retain some of its value with a later resale. Nikon has absolutely destroyed a huge part of the D600's value with their half assed "fix" to this major problem.

If I owned a D600, I'd be furious at Nikon. I've seen a lot of great images from D600 shooters and was sorely tempted to pick one up. Thankfully, my film shooting has been so high that I never got to the point of purchase. Nikon's handling of this situation has been reprehensible. Absolutely terrible.

Nikon has shown through the recent past nothing but utter contempt for their customers. This D600 fiasco is only the latest (and "greatest") example.

The strong urge I had to buy a Nikon D600 has not been replaced by an urge to get a D610.

Oct 09, 2013 at 12:42 AM
brian_sp
• • •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · Nikon D610 officially announced

SchnellerGT wrote:
As much as I have been critical of Canon not getting with the "new sensor" program and giving us Canon shooters better DR, I must say this is a blatant slap in the face by Nikon. A true engineering, part-sourcing, customer relations disaster. Smells like class action to anyone else?

I still think that Canon makes a better quality camera. Tanks indeed! Never had an issue with any that I have owned... S10/G2/20D/5DII...all perfect.

ha ha, good one, like the 1Dx tank that is showing its own problems with oiling and the viewfinder filling up with crap

Oct 09, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Grantland
• • • •
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · Nikon D610 officially announced

brian_sp wrote:
ha ha, good one, like the 1Dx tank that is showing its own problems with oiling and the viewfinder filling up with crap

lol, i owned 4 different 1d3 bodies. 3 where bad. 1 needed to be sent in multiple times.

the good news is Canon fixed them for free.

Oct 09, 2013 at 01:03 AM
klb1122

p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · Nikon D610 officially announced

rattymouse wrote:
*Nobody* buys a camera as an investment. Nobody. It is ludicrous to think that someone out there believes that they will turn a profit on a camera purchase. What *is* done (often) is buy a camera and retain some of its value with a later resale. Nikon has absolutely destroyed a huge part of the D600's value with their half assed "fix" to this major problem.

If I owned a D600, I'd be furious at Nikon.

Bingo

Oct 09, 2013 at 01:31 AM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · Nikon D610 officially announced

DavidCZ wrote:
My second shooter used D600 for a wedding last week. The photos with small aperture are full of oil spots in the sky

Good job Nikon, by releasing the Ultimate Oil machine D600.

The worst part? That was a refurbished D600 which should be less prone to oil

Oct 09, 2013 at 01:38 AM
LMT1972
• • •
p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · Nikon D610 officially announced

Think this is bad, wait until the release the long awaited D310

Oct 09, 2013 at 04:29 AM
hijazist
• • • •
p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · Nikon D610 officially announced

Regardless what's your stance on the D600 oil issue, no one can deny that Nikon screwed up in this release. Comments and posts on their FB page says a lot, and social media rants are all over the place. If they undermine the impact of something as huge as FB/twitter then I am sad to say their business is going to severely suffer. At least before the release of the D610 the whole issue was subdued with their shutter replacement fix which didn't completely solve the issue but at least showed some commitment from their part to consumers.

This is really sad...

Edited on Oct 09, 2013 at 04:56 AM · View previous versions

Oct 09, 2013 at 04:55 AM
geezfools
• •
p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · Nikon D610 officially announced

LMT1972 wrote:
Think this is bad, wait until the release the long awaited D310

Nikon actually did a decent job with the D300/D300s, heh. After this thread, I think I'm going to avoid the D6XX altogether and go D800. Used prices in the B&S aren't THAT bad and damn near approaching D600 refurb prices, so I think I'll spend a few extra hundred bucks (okay, another hundred or two on more RAM and HD space, lol) and get a camera that doesn't seem to have the issues this camera does...

Oct 09, 2013 at 04:55 AM
Dustin Gent
• • • •
p.4 #19 · p.4 #19 · Nikon D610 officially announced

klb1122 wrote:

That is the brakes of buying new. Personally I never buy new. I have insurance on all my gear. Knock on wood, but I have yet to need warranty work on any body I have owned (10 year old 1Ds, 5 year old D700, etc etc). The warranty is only 365 days anyways....

Oct 09, 2013 at 04:57 AM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.4 #20 · p.4 #20 · Nikon D610 officially announced

I have had no trouble at all with my D600 refurb from Adorama. It had only 59 exposures and now at 6000 actuation's I have only had to clean my sensor once. Actually I have cleaned it less than my D7000. I love my D600 and I can see no reason to even think of upgrading. I got my D600 and 24-85 VR kit lens for around $1850 and for the D610 kit they want $2596.95. So that is substantially less money and I sure know how to clean the sensor should it need it.

Oct 09, 2013 at 04:57 AM
1       2       3      

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password