Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4              7       8       end

Nikon D610 officially announced

Dustin Gent
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · Nikon D610 officially announced

SchnellerGT wrote:
As much as I have been critical of Canon not getting with the "new sensor" program and giving us Canon shooters better DR, I must say this is a blatant slap in the face by Nikon. A true engineering, part-sourcing, customer relations disaster. Smells like class action to anyone else?

I still think that Canon makes a better quality camera. Tanks indeed! Never had an issue with any that I have owned... S10/G2/20D/5DII...all perfect.

I would HARDLY say the 20D/5D2 are built like tanks. When you handle a 1 series, you will know what I am talking about.One of the reasons I went to Nikon was the built quality. Other than a 5D3 and 1 series, Canon makes nothing comparable to the D700/D800 in terms of build.

Oct 08, 2013 at 04:54 PM
Buffalonian
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · Nikon D610 officially announced

Spatter me in oil, I think we have a winner!

Oct 08, 2013 at 04:54 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • •
p.3 #3 · Nikon D610 officially announced

Well this makes things interesting. Going to be buying a new camera (and lens) in the next few months. I just don't want to deal with another dirty camera. Spending 30 minutes cloning out dust/oil is nothing I want any part of again

Oct 08, 2013 at 04:57 PM
taran
• •
p.3 #4 · Nikon D610 officially announced

MazeRunner wrote:
Need a Nikon body with a truly quiet shutter on Q mode.

D3200.

Oct 08, 2013 at 05:04 PM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.3 #5 · Nikon D610 officially announced

This makes me wonder... what if the D610's shutter is the same as what has been going into "fixed" D600's?

If I had the money, I'd start up a company replacing D600 shutters for $300 to $400. Yes, it's expensive, but hey, there's always a market for products that work.

NickHenderson wrote:
Just got my D600 back from Nikon with the shutter mechanism replaced. Took about 200 shots over the weekend, and did a f/22 sky test...100 dust/oil spots!

Oct 08, 2013 at 05:14 PM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
p.3 #6 · Nikon D610 officially announced

Nikon_14 wrote:
This makes me wonder... what if the D610's shutter is the same as what has been going into "fixed" D600's?

If I had the money, I'd start up a company replacing D600 shutters for $300 to $400. Yes, it's expensive, but hey, there's always a market for products that work.

I'd guess that the problem goes deeper than just a replaceable shutter mechanism. There is probably some design flaw with the camera which could not be fixed after-the-fact with the D600, so they redesigned the camera (with the flaw fixed) and called it the D610.

Oct 08, 2013 at 05:43 PM
M Lucca
• • •
p.3 #7 · Nikon D610 officially announced

What a load of bullcrap!!!! Once again the D400 gets shoved to the janitor's closet. Ignoring $$$ paying Nikon loyalists.

Truly a slap in the face of existing D600 owners. I knew the d600 has some serious issues, but didn't know the magnitude of this problem that Nikon had to actually replace the camera altogether. Someone suggested that Nikon offers a buy back program. I think it is a good idea. It would atleast maintain a good will feeling.

This D610 basically is an admission of Nikon's failings in addressing the shutter oil spray with the D600. How else could it be? Product cycle? Then where's the d810? Where's my D400!!!!

Whether you got a splatter free d600 or not, this move by Nikon is a kick in the nutsack. Glad I talked my friends out of the d600.

Oct 08, 2013 at 06:29 PM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.3 #8 · Nikon D610 officially announced

deepbluejh wrote

I'd guess that the problem goes deeper than just a replaceable shutter mechanism. There is probably some design flaw with the camera which could not be fixed after-the-fact with the D600, so they redesigned the camera (with the flaw fixed) and called it the D610.

Well, that makes sense to an extent. Both the D7k and D600 had the same body, with a similar issue. Maybe Nikon tried to fix the D7k's problems w/ the D600's body, found out that whatever they tried didn't work, and now let's hope the third time's the charm.

Oct 08, 2013 at 06:31 PM
M Lucca
• • •
p.3 #9 · Nikon D610 officially announced

^ My friend's d7k had no "Lubed for your Pleasure" issue.

Oct 08, 2013 at 06:35 PM
EOS20
• • • • • •
p.3 #10 · Nikon D610 officially announced

They should have named it D600s (Shutter) instead of D610.

Oct 08, 2013 at 07:00 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Nikon_14
• • •
p.3 #11 · Nikon D610 officially announced

M Lucca wrote:
^ My friend's d7k had no "Lubed for your Pleasure" issue.

Neither did mine. So that, along with your friend for a sample of 2, certainly proves that nobody had it then, doesn't it?

In all seriousness, Google "d7000 shutter oil" to see that the D600's problems aren't new.

In any case, to me the point is rather mute, as I don't have the funds to buy right now, and need to get back to editing.

Oct 08, 2013 at 07:13 PM
Red G8R
• •
p.3 #12 · Nikon D610 officially announced

PeaktoPeek wrote:
As a D600 shooter for almost a year now, I have no regrets in my decision to buy the D600. Granted, I must have been one of the lucky few who didn't have any of the oil issues that seem be be popping up rampantly all over the world. I also don't flip cameras every two years either, so while I'm sure the value of my camera will drop -- I never bought it as an investment anyway. I still think its a fantastic camera, especially since I am not a Nikon purist and spent the last 10 years before
...Show more

+1
Same for me. My one year old D600 is dust free and producing beautiful photos.

Oct 08, 2013 at 07:18 PM
twistys4me
• •
p.3 #13 · Nikon D610 officially announced

NickHenderson wrote:
Just got my D600 back from Nikon with the shutter mechanism replaced. Took about 200 shots over the weekend, and did a f/22 sky test...100 dust/oil spots!

I'm pissed off. I'm an amateur photographer on a budget and feel like I got screwed here. What am I supposed to do now, send it back again?

Order your self a copper hill wet cleaning kit! I have had to wet clean mine 5 times. have someware around 15000 on the shutter now and it stays pretty clean now.

Oct 08, 2013 at 07:37 PM
DavidCZ
• • •
p.3 #14 · Nikon D610 officially announced

My second shooter used D600 for a wedding last week. The photos with small aperture are full of oil spots in the sky

Good job Nikon, by releasing the Ultimate Oil machine D600.

Oct 08, 2013 at 07:37 PM
mightaswell

p.3 #15 · Nikon D610 officially announced

Nikon is fucking us again! First the FM2/FM2n fiasco, now this!

Oct 08, 2013 at 07:52 PM
gfinlayson
• • •
p.3 #16 · Nikon D610 officially announced

I feel for those who bought a D600 and have serious oil issues. Nikon seems to have given everyone the finger by offering the D610, a body which should never have been needed. The thing is, looking at the price of a D610 over here in the UK, I have to ask the question 'Why would you bother?' 163 (9%) more buys a brand new D800. WTF!!?!!

Oct 08, 2013 at 08:09 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.3 #17 · Nikon D610 officially announced

SchnellerGT wrote:
I still think that Canon makes a better quality camera. Tanks indeed! Never had an issue with any that I have owned... S10/G2/20D/5DII...all perfect.

Have you ever had any issues with the Nikon cameras you've owned?

Ah heck, let's just complain some more.

Oct 08, 2013 at 08:10 PM
Kell
• • •
p.3 #18 · Nikon D610 officially announced

my plan is to get a D610 regardless of D600 price drop at this point...cost is lower on my list of priorities and quality and confidence is at the top..right or wrong time will tell, but the logic/analogy I'm using is buying a 610 is like flying with an airline that had a crash due to malfuntion...nervous to try them but probably the best time to do so as they will have gone over everything like never before....Nikon would be INSANE to release the 610 if there were any chance in their minds of issues

Oct 08, 2013 at 08:17 PM
newtophoto

p.3 #19 · Nikon D610 officially announced

I think I'm going to send in my D600 for a clean up of oil/dust before my warranty expires. Anyone know if they just clean it or will they replace the actual parts causing the oil spots?

Oct 08, 2013 at 08:22 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.3 #20 · Nikon D610 officially announced

newtophoto wrote:
I think I'm going to send in my D600 for a clean up of oil/dust before my warranty expires. Anyone know if they just clean it or will they replace the actual parts causing the oil spots?

They'll probably tell you it's "impact damage" and offer you a deal on the D610.

Oct 08, 2013 at 08:25 PM
1       2      

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password