Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

The Wifey

Chuckaroo91
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Wifey

The wifey wanted to get some photos so we went for a walk at the park. Typically don't do any sort of portraits so any feedback is appreciated.

The Wife by Charles Clay, on Flickr

Oct 08, 2013 at 03:59 AM
Jammyn
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Wifey

I like #6 --- good effort for someone who doesn't normally shoot portraits.

Oct 08, 2013 at 09:33 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Wifey

could be a Vogue fashion shoot !

Oct 08, 2013 at 09:57 AM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Wifey

Lovely wife.

Watch the double chin action in #2, ladies hate that. That shouldn't be an issue for your wife, unless posed like this.

In general try taking more chances with your compositions. These are all very centered.

Oct 08, 2013 at 03:08 PM
Prettym1k3
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Wifey

I'm with Mitch. The double chin in #2 is something to watch out for.

Also, it looks like a few of your shots front focused. #6 looks to have focused on her hand and not her face.

She seems like she's having a great time, and that's most important!

Oct 08, 2013 at 05:30 PM

S. Calvino

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The Wifey

I think #1 takes the cake for me. You have a gorgeous wife!

Some of the shots seem to be slightly out of focus, other than that, great work!

Oct 09, 2013 at 04:48 AM
robby521
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · The Wifey

4 for me.

Oct 10, 2013 at 03:11 AM
Steve Wylie
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · The Wifey

I'll just comment on posing. Number 1 would be improved by getting the chin up a bit, but it's a nice shot and definitely a keeper. Numbers 4 and 6 are nicely posed; I might have liked a bit brighter expression in number 6. Numbers 2 and 5 are a bit confusing to me. Both look as if they're "between the moments", not settled in a pose yet, but also not natural enough to be considered good candids. In situations like this, I tend to shoot several frames of each look. Each one will be different in some noticeable way. If I were you, I'd be begging "wifey" to go out and do some more!

Oct 10, 2013 at 04:17 AM
eephoto
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · The Wifey

I'm on my iphone so can't comment on focus but I will say that 4 is my fave of the group. I think you should ditch 5. Also remember for portraits and posing for girls soft is good. Case in point, in the first photo, in theory a good pose but if you look closer it looks like her hand is squeezing her head on top. If she relaxes that hand into a softer, gentler more relaxed feel the pose becomes that much stronger.

Anyways, your wife is beautiful but you all ready know that!!

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Chuckaroo91
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · The Wifey

Steve Wylie wrote:
I'll just comment on posing. Number 1 would be improved by getting the chin up a bit, but it's a nice shot and definitely a keeper. Numbers 4 and 6 are nicely posed; I might have liked a bit brighter expression in number 6. Numbers 2 and 5 are a bit confusing to me. Both look as if they're "between the moments", not settled in a pose yet, but also not natural enough to be considered good candids. In situations like this, I tend to shoot several frames of each look. Each one will be different in some noticeable
...Show more

She was a fan of the un-posed in between photos!

Thanks for the advice everyone. I have to get another lens rather than the little 50 1.8 the Sigma 85 1.4 is calling my name. Ill post another set once I pick it up and take into account the critique

Oct 11, 2013 at 02:06 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password