New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Phottix Odin Atlas compatibility

ronrandle
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Phottix Odin Atlas compatibility

Hi, all I'm having an issue with my Phottix Odin and Atlas combo that has me perplexed.

I have been using a Phottix Odin for the last six months and love it. I recently added two Atlas II to my set up and am having problems using all the triggers together. I would like to use the Odin transmitter on camera to send signals to an Odin RX with a Canon 580EXII set to manual which I hand hold for reception shots. Then use two Atlas II receivers to trigger two Elinchrom Quadra's in manual mode for kicker/room lighting. When I turn on the Odin transmitter, the Odin receiver and the the two Atlas triggers, the Atlas triggers will fire the Elinchrom Quadra units as long as the 580 mounted to the Odin is turned off. As soon as I turn on the 580 flash attached to the Odin receiver, the Atlas triggers stop working. The Atlas triggers will work if I turn off the 580 flash, but as soon as I turn the 580 back on, the Atlas triggers stop triggering.

I am using a Canon 5DMKIII

Is there a setting on the triggers or camera that could be causing this??

Thanks

Ron

Oct 07, 2013 at 07:05 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Phottix Odin Atlas compatibility

I haven't tried it, but I suspect that the Odin is detecting the Speedlite being in ETTL mode and switching over. If you haven't done so yet, try setting the Speedlite to Manual mode before mounting it on the Odin and see if that works.

Also, if the 5D Mark III works like my 7D, the camera's flash control menu setting will over-ride the on-flash setting, so check to see that the flash control menu is set for "External Speedlite control: Manual."

Oct 09, 2013 at 01:37 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.