Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

New Zeiss 55mm f/1.4

Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · New Zeiss 55mm f/1.4

Arka wrote:
This advice coming from a forum member who generates thousands of words concerning the absence of certain cameras and lenses from the Nikon system? Something rings a little hollow.

Do you personally know anyone who represents the caricature you describe? I would suggest that the "pixel peepers" you decry above may take more pictures, and develop their photographic skills, far more than their forum contributions suggest. Indeed, most of the really good photographers I know care a great deal about the IQ benefits a lens like Otus might offer, and would happily discuss many of the issues re: "diminishing returns"
...Show more
]

Hey Arka,

First. Anything can be made to look bad if taken out of context. My posts have substance as does my advice when taken in proper context and not out of context as you seemingly love to do.

Second. You seem to be going out of you way to single me out for harassment ... not very kind I must say. Why not focus on photography and photographic equipment and stop worrying about my posting history. Don't like what I post, you don't have to read it ... but at least I'm not disparaging you at every turn.

Have a great life.
Cheers,
Andre

Nov 22, 2013 at 02:35 AM
Arka
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · New Zeiss 55mm f/1.4

Andre Labonte wrote:
]

Hey Arka,

First. Anything can be made to look bad if taken out of context. My posts have substance as does my advice when taken in proper context and not out of context as you seemingly love to do.

Second. You seem to be going out of you way to single me out for harassment ... not very kind I must say. Why not focus on photography and photographic equipment and stop worrying about my posting history. Don't like what I post, you don't have to read it ... but at least I'm not disparaging you at every turn.

Have a
...Show more

I don't even know who you are, so don't take it so personally. I know you only by what you post, and that's what I've always discussed with you.

Also, you really don't have any idea the extent to which I "focus on photography" or "photographic equipment." Don't speak to issues on which you have no meaningful insight.

Nov 22, 2013 at 02:53 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · New Zeiss 55mm f/1.4

Anyway ... back to topic!

I've seen great image samples from the Otis and the new Nikon 58mm ... anyone have a head to head comparison?

Nov 22, 2013 at 04:33 AM
dasams
• • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · New Zeiss 55mm f/1.4

Andre Labonte wrote:
I've seen great image samples from the Otis and the new Nikon 58mm ... anyone have a head to head comparison

I've also not seen a direct comparison of the photos but DxOMark released their test and reported a score of 45, the highest for an F mount lens. For comparison, the highest scoring Nikon lens is the 85 f1.4 at 40 while the 200 f2 came in at 39.

There's no doubt that the new Zeiss is one sharp lens but that still doesn't deter me from acquiring the 58 1.4 as the best 50ish lens for my shooting style.

Nov 22, 2013 at 07:40 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · New Zeiss 55mm f/1.4

dasams wrote:
I've also not seen a direct comparison of the photos but DxOMark released their test and reported a score of 45, the highest for an F mount lens. For comparison, the highest scoring Nikon lens is the 85 f1.4 at 40 while the 200 f2 came in at 39.

There's no doubt that the new Zeiss is one sharp lens but that still doesn't deter me from acquiring the 58 1.4 as the best 50ish lens for my shooting style.

Oh interesting ... I'll have to go check that out ... did you see data on the Nikon 58mm there?

One thing for sure, both lenses have great bohken ... but like you, for the price, the Nikon will be just fine for my needs ... but that may have to wait as there is other gear I need vs. the 58mm is a want.

But still, sample images are always more telling in many ways than # off DxOMark ... I'm most currious to see the close-up corner to corner performance of the 58mm Nikon like that knife shot posted in the Otis thread.

Nov 22, 2013 at 02:43 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password