Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · New Attempt at Soccer with MK3 and 400 2.8

morenoar
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New Attempt at Soccer with MK3 and 400 2.8

I have set my MK3 to use the * for focusing, but if I take my finger off, the shutter refocus's (found the error of my ways, thanks Russ) . I played around with my Micro Adjustment, and looks like 0 is the right setting. Here are 3 at 0 settings and I think they are dead on. opinions please

Resized

Resized

Resized

Edited on Oct 07, 2013 at 07:25 PM · View previous versions

Oct 06, 2013 at 08:34 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New Attempt at Soccer with MK3 and 400 2.8

morenoar: Maybe this article will answer your questions. (Page 3 includes info about activating this feature.)

Oct 06, 2013 at 09:18 PM
morenoar
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New Attempt at Soccer with MK3 and 400 2.8

Thank you Russ. I was setting the wrong CF. Mis read it on Manual.

Oct 06, 2013 at 10:50 PM
John Patrick
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New Attempt at Soccer with MK3 and 400 2.8

morenoar (I don't know your real name), the 1st and 3rd are screaming for a vertical composition given the cut-off feet and excess space on the sides. In fact, I find I shoot 90% of my soccer in vertical.

John

Oct 07, 2013 at 06:24 PM
morenoar
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New Attempt at Soccer with MK3 and 400 2.8

John, I agree with you. I should have posted better composed shots. I am having a bit of trouble remembering to shoot. I start watching the game, and then the brain turns on "dang it shoot dummy" From my last post, besides the error of my way, I posted to see if the sharpness was spot on. My previous shots, with 70-200, front focus really bad. This time, I shot with MK3 and 400 and it looks like they are focus right on track. The last couple of years, I went from Vertical to Landscape, to try something different. Still trying to get used to non zoom lens. Appreciate your input and agree with you 100% Here are 2, one I should have not gone vertical
Angel

Should have gone horizontal

For Review

Edited on Oct 07, 2013 at 07:20 PM · View previous versions

Oct 07, 2013 at 07:12 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New Attempt at Soccer with MK3 and 400 2.8

Angel: That second shot is a beauty. And as long as we're talking crops, I'd cut out as much of the distracting background on the right side of this image as I could. If it ends up as a more-or-less square crop, so be it.

Oct 07, 2013 at 07:14 PM
morenoar
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New Attempt at Soccer with MK3 and 400 2.8

Russ, I just recropped a little tighter. I should post different ones that are not chopped. Thansk

Oct 07, 2013 at 07:26 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.