Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Looking for a gray/black portable/collapsible backdrop?

pjny
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Looking for a gray/black portable/collapsible backdrop?

Hi,

I am looking for some suggestions for portable backdrops for single portraits(usually half-lengths)

I am looking for a collapsible backdrop similar to this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/541110-REG/Impact_BGC_BW_57_Collapsible_Background_5.html

Has anyone used this backdrop or can recommend something else. I played around witht he Impact backdrop at BH and it was a little wrinkly on the white side.

I was shooting some headshots with some gray seamless the other day and liked the results. I guess I could just underlight the white background to make it more gray but not sure if it will look the same.

I don't have a lot of room in my trunk to carry a seamless or large background and do not have an assistant to carry my lights so I'm trying to keep it light.

Please let me know what you use?

Oct 06, 2013 at 01:15 PM
Gregg Heckler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Looking for a gray/black portable/collapsible backdrop?

There is also Lastolite and Westcott. Both are high quality and easy to use. Both have 2 sizes. But you are not going to find a collapsible background without a few wrinkles. You just need to get your subject far enough away from it or use a little Gausian blur or negative Clarity.

Oct 06, 2013 at 05:56 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.