Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · #574 Mackinaw Bridge

Larry Williams
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · #574 Mackinaw Bridge

Greetings,

I have no idea as how this pano will look compressed down to 640 pixels, but here goes.

The Mackinaw Bridge connects the Upper Michigan peninsula to lower Michigan. It is one long and very high bridge. The construction was in the mid 1950's and 5 workers lost there lives building this structure. You surely have to be attentive while driving.

Since the topic theme is "repetition", this bridge structure is quite repetitive as are the combination of 22 shots to produce this photo.

Larry

Mackinaw Bridge

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens    105mm    f/16.0    1/100s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Oct 06, 2013 at 12:43 PM
jbouchard
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · #574 Mackinaw Bridge

I'd be interested in seeing a larger photo so I can look at the detail in the brinde. If you have it posted on flicker or something, please post a link.

Oct 09, 2013 at 10:39 AM
BertoBuckeye
• •
p.1 #3 · #574 Mackinaw Bridge

Nice, I walked the bridge for the first time this year! Got some great night shots of it.

Oct 09, 2013 at 02:41 PM
_Rob_S_
• • •
p.1 #4 · #574 Mackinaw Bridge

I have a very similar comp of this bridge. I took it in my early digital days and got a bit over-zealous with the pano stitching software. Presentation is a bit tough with these. I printed one small (it's about an inch high by maybe 20 inches wide) and put a large mat around it for that white space feel. Another I printed about 3 X 36 and let black fill the top and bottom for a 12 X 36 frame. I like the smaller, matted version much better but it's still a bit odd.

Nice image of a beautiful subject!

Rob

Oct 09, 2013 at 05:09 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Larry Williams
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · #574 Mackinaw Bridge

SmokinJoe wrote:
I'd be interested in seeing a larger photo so I can look at the detail in the brinde. If you have it posted on flicker or something, please post a link.

PM sent.

Larry

Oct 12, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Larry Williams
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · #574 Mackinaw Bridge

BertoBuckeye wrote:
Nice, I walked the bridge for the first time this year! Got some great night shots of it.

Howdy,

Your walk of the Bridge must of been exciting. I too, got some nice night shots of the bridge.

Larry

Oct 12, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Larry Williams
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · #574 Mackinaw Bridge

_Rob_S_ wrote:
I have a very similar comp of this bridge. I took it in my early digital days and got a bit over-zealous with the pano stitching software. Presentation is a bit tough with these. I printed one small (it's about an inch high by maybe 20 inches wide) and put a large mat around it for that white space feel. Another I printed about 3 X 36 and let black fill the top and bottom for a 12 X 36 frame. I like the smaller, matted version much better but it's still a bit odd.

Nice image of a beautiful
...Show more

Hi Rob,
Thank you for responding. I shot this bridge on a fast trip thru MI. IMHO, a stacked photo would be very cool if shot from the Upper Pennisula side.
Larry

Oct 12, 2013 at 12:38 PM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password