Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Shooting film in today's world.

ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · Shooting film in today's world.

Here are 2 I use.

Dwayne's Photo
Unique Photo c-41 only.

Oct 09, 2013 at 07:38 PM
panos.v
• • • •
p.3 #2 · Shooting film in today's world.

I shoot film pretty much exclusively and after scanning stuff myself and trying various low cost options my suggestion is this: try something a bit more high end, someone like the FINDlab. With film+process+scan you're into $1/shot territory but the end result can really be jaw dropping. Not that you can't get good results with scanning yourself but colour is a b!tch to scan right, it will take you lots of time and effort to work it out and you'll still spend 1-2 hours scanning 36 shots while these labs can work wonders which you never thought can be achieved.

You should at least send a couple of rolls to try such a lab out even if you decide the cost is too high. It is helpful anyway as you will know what is possible and have a target for your own dev/scan. You may even decide that it is more appropriate and worth the cost against digital for certain projects.

By the way I'm talking colour, B&W is a different matter altogether but I don't really shoot B&W.

Just my opinion.

Oct 09, 2013 at 07:54 PM
GCasey
• • •
p.3 #3 · Shooting film in today's world.

The local Costco processes a lot of film and can do most of what you would want.

Oct 09, 2013 at 08:23 PM
DontShoot
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · Shooting film in today's world.

I take my regular Kodak film to Costco and they develop and print 4x6's for me for about 5 cents per print. They DO return the negatives. When I use Velvia, I have to take it to my local Samys because Costco doesn't do E-6. They process and mount them on those white slide thingys and puts them in a box. If I want them printed, that would be extra. I spend about $40 to process and print all 36 exposures on a Velvia.

Oct 10, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Gregstx
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #5 · Shooting film in today's world.

I finally found someone locally who could process my roll of film. The film seems fine but the files were pretty low resolution. Approximately 1500 x 1000. Looking at the files, it sure seems like there is a lot of grain for 100 ISO film. Could it just be the scans? I shot with Fuji Superia Reala. It has been refrigerated since I bought it. The use date is May 2005.

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password