New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Quantum Flash / Radiopopper

Sellerman
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Quantum Flash / Radiopopper

Has anybody used a Radiopopper JRX with the Quantum Flashes? I ask this because I have a chance to purchase the poppers for a really sweet deal. I heard that Poppers can be used to manually control the qflash power like what the copilot does.

Thanks

Oct 05, 2013 at 08:40 AM
ukphotographer
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Quantum Flash / Radiopopper

They will.. but in order to do so a Qnexus is needed for each Quantum flash to receive the IR signals from the RadioPopper.. as well as the RadioPoppers on each flash as well.

It seems a roundabout way to control remote flashes using radio when instead you could just fit radio. Instead, you're using IR and a set of IR/Radio/IR converters. Unless you already have the Qnexus?

Oct 05, 2013 at 04:53 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Quantum Flash / Radiopopper

Sellerman wrote:
...I heard that Poppers can be used to manually control the qflash power like what the copilot does.

The JrX system, which you asked about, will remotely control the power level of Alien Bees, White Lightning, or Zeus strobes as is. If you add the RP Cube you can control Canon- or Nikon-compatible flash units. If you have a Q-flash Trio, it'll slide right onto the hot shoe of the RP Cube, and if you have a T5dR or similar you would use the appropriate QTTL module (the D22w-R in the case of your Nikon D800).

Don't confuse the RP JrX system and the original RP PX system; the former is pure radio, and the latter is an optical-to-radio and radio-to-optical translation system. There's also the new RP Nano system, but I have no experience with it; I do know that's it's a basic radio trigger, though, with no remote power-adjustment feature.

Oct 06, 2013 at 07:49 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.