Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Is the Sony A900 still viable? Jpeg low light samples at iso 1600?

carstenw
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Is the Sony A900 still viable? Jpeg low light samples at iso 1600?

I have used the A900, but I haven't owned it (yet?). I do agree about the D800 doors, I had forgotten those, but I don't remember how they are on the A900. I wish they had made the same CF/SD card door as on the D200!

The rest of my D800 is solid though, no creaking or any movement of anything. I am surprised to hear that yours was like that.

Oct 06, 2013 at 01:42 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Is the Sony A900 still viable? Jpeg low light samples at iso 1600?

carstenw wrote:
I have used the A900, but I haven't owned it (yet?). I do agree about the D800 doors, I had forgotten those, but I don't remember how they are on the A900. I wish they had made the same CF/SD card door as on the D200!

The rest of my D800 is solid though, no creaking or any movement of anything. I am surprised to hear that yours was like that.

I think I just received a dud that should not have made it through whatever quality control Nikon uses. I ended up returning because of major AF issues, though I likely would have sent it back based on the creaking hand grip.

Oct 06, 2013 at 02:21 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Is the Sony A900 still viable? Jpeg low light samples at iso 1600?

Yeah, it sounds like a really bad copy. In my experience everything from the lowliest D40 to the most expensive D4 doesn't really creak or move, that is one thing I have always liked about Nikons. The doors do sometimes let them down though, I wish they would get on that. The popup flash perhaps also. The door on my D3 was awesome, and on the D200 at least it was also great. Why did they change it?

Oct 06, 2013 at 02:27 PM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Is the Sony A900 still viable? Jpeg low light samples at iso 1600?

D200/S5 Pro doors are really nice. I can second that..

Oct 06, 2013 at 04:45 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.