Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Sandisk Extreme Pro 160mb/s

djb663

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Sandisk Extreme Pro 160mb/s

I just purchased the newest extreme pro card and when I inserted it into my D4 I got the card error message. Anyone else have a problem with the newest sandisk? This one is a 16 gig.

Thanks,
Dave

Oct 05, 2013 at 01:22 AM
sivrajbm
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Sandisk Extreme Pro 160mb/s

Did you format in camera?

Oct 05, 2013 at 01:35 AM
Cicopo
• • •
p.1 #3 · Sandisk Extreme Pro 160mb/s

I'm using a pair of 32 gig SD (Extreme Pro) cards in a D7100 without any issues & a 32 gig CF + 32 gig SD in my 1D mark 4 also without issues. Might be a firmware issue based on years of Canon updates.

Oct 05, 2013 at 01:42 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Sandisk Extreme Pro 160mb/s

Cicopo wrote:
I'm using a pair of 32 gig SD (Extreme Pro) cards in a D7100 without any issues & a 32 gig CF + 32 gig SD in my 1D mark 4 also without issues. Might be a firmware issue based on years of Canon updates.

Is that the new VPG-65 CF card that has only been out since September? The others are different models.

EBH

Oct 05, 2013 at 01:59 AM
Cicopo
• • •
p.1 #5 · Sandisk Extreme Pro 160mb/s

I wouldn't think so because I bought them in late Aug (from B & H). Can't say I checked further than to see that they worked.

EDITED TO ADD. If they are that new I'd bet Nikon (and Canon) will need to write a new firmware update if possible. Advances in hardware can't always be fixed in things developed before those advances.

Oct 05, 2013 at 02:35 AM
djb663

p.1 #6 · Sandisk Extreme Pro 160mb/s

It is the 160mb/sec card. I talked to sandisk. They said that there is an issue known to them and to Nikon where the card won't work if there is a sony xqd in the other slot. Well, of course there is a sony xqd in the other slot. They said their engineers and Nikon's engineers are working on it. For now, I'll use the card in my D700 as it works fine there.

Oct 06, 2013 at 02:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Sandisk Extreme Pro 160mb/s

djb663 wrote:
It is the 160mb/sec card. I talked to sandisk. They said that there is an issue known to them and to Nikon where the card won't work if there is a sony xqd in the other slot. Well, of course there is a sony xqd in the other slot. They said their engineers and Nikon's engineers are working on it. For now, I'll use the card in my D700 as it works fine there.

that's kinda "cute" and timely as they themselves are pushing SATA2 for the next gen CF card and for now Nikon is married to XQD the competitor. .

Oct 06, 2013 at 04:04 PM
andre paul
• •
p.1 #8 · Sandisk Extreme Pro 160mb/s

i am having the same issue with the new sandisk extreme 120mb/s card. my xqd card is s- series , 168mb/s
my d4 has the last firmware ......

any news about the issue ??

Dec 19, 2013 at 01:35 AM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · Sandisk Extreme Pro 160mb/s

it's been Lexar/sony for me since i got the D4.

the differences between the two lines is minute.

Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB
read:Transfer speeds of up to 160MB/s
write: Shot speeds up to 150MB/s

Lexar 1000x 32GB
•Max. Read Speed: 150MB/s
•Write Speed: 150MB/s

Dec 19, 2013 at 01:45 AM
djb663

p.1 #10 · Sandisk Extreme Pro 160mb/s

The issue has been resolved! Sandisk has a firmware upgrade (I don't know if it's been released yet) for the cards that have been purchased by D4 owners. When I contacted them, they told me to send them my 16 gig card and they would replace it when they received the new cards with the new firmware installed. They said that would be faster than waiting for the firmware to be tested and released. I sent the card in. It took about a month, but to their credit, they sent me a 32 gig card back as a thank you for my patience. The new card works like a charm.

Dec 19, 2013 at 04:28 PM
Slug69
• • •
p.1 #11 · Sandisk Extreme Pro 160mb/s

I like Sandisk cards even more now.

Dec 21, 2013 at 01:11 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password