Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · I don't believe we have met!

ghdarnell
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I don't believe we have met!

Hi everyone! I have been posting on here for about a year but I don't think I have ever posted an actual photo of the team at Right Start Photography. So here we are I am Grace and to my left is the future hubby <3 Compliments of Mike Morby, for the shot, Right Start edited.

This post is two fold. We finally have a decent photo (since I lost 80lbs this summer there was no WAY I was posting an old one!) but I really want a better "about us" section on our website. The one we have now is "cute" but I don't think it captures our personality very well. So, advice on a writing a GREAT about us section?

We can't all be winners like Susan Stripling: "I take pictures at weddings. And I like it."

Here is our current write up:

Love is Forever.
Faith is Forever.
Begin your forevers with Right Start Photography.

Right Start Photography grew out of Grace and Matt’s enthusiasm not only for photography, but also for each other. The dynamic pair has spent over seven years creating special moments for each other and more recently, for their clients.

Grace’s excitement for photography started with the first love of her life: Her father! After receiving a hand me down camera, her zest for photography blossomed. Grace quickly became a self-motivated artist who challenged herself with a variety of subject matters and let her creative ability guide her camera’s focus. Grace is a natural photographer with a keen eye for capturing intimate scenes and stunning moments. Her photography talents have been awarded in several competitions in addition to being published in a number of magazines. With her heart guiding the way, Grace has found that photography not only brought her the greatest happiness in life, but also something special to share with her prince charming:

Matt’s joy for photography started with his joy for Grace. After spending a few years watching his beloved partner in action, Matt was ready to jump behind the lens himself. With Grace as his teacher, Matt quickly found that he too had a keen eye for capturing special moments.

Grace and Matt let their faith, their love for one another, and their love for photography lead them to where they are today. Right Start Photography is the perfect place to lay the foundations for forever. The pair’s abilities as photographers have developed over time as the popularity of their company and the desires of their clientele grew. The two have an extensive portfolio with a wide variety of subject matters and most recently have enjoyed wedding and engagement photography. You truly cannot go wrong when choosing Right Start Photography with Grace and Matt.

Anyway, you guys have really helped build our business up. Thank you!

Oct 02, 2013 at 05:31 PM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I don't believe we have met!

IMHO:

Your current "About US" is a bit wordy. Personally, I mentally cross out most adjectives when reading about any business.
So I'd effect the following changes:

-Delete the following:
" Grace quickly became a self-motivated artist who challenged herself with a variety of subject matters and let her creative ability guide her camera’s focus. Grace is a natural photographer with a keen eye for capturing intimate scenes and stunning moments." and "The two have an extensive portfolio with a wide variety of subject matters and most recently have enjoyed wedding and engagement photography."
-IMHO, one's portfolio either reflects this or it doesn't.

Change "Her photography talents have been awarded in several competitions in addition to being published in a number of magazines." to bulleted points like this:
Grace's images:
-Have received recognition in several competitions
-Have been published in ____, _____ (specific magazine titles & maybe even dates)

That's it... back to the photo editing that I love SO MUCH.

Oct 02, 2013 at 06:23 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I don't believe we have met!

Didn't read but I'd recommend a new photo with more professional attire.

Oct 02, 2013 at 08:51 PM
FLSTCSAM
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I don't believe we have met!

I like your wedding images. This photo of you two should be banished to the circular file.

I am sure it's just me but I have no idea where this third person writing comes from.

You wrote it. IE: I, we, us.

Them's me thoughts.

Sam

Oct 02, 2013 at 09:46 PM
brianclary
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · I don't believe we have met!

Congratulations on the weight loss, that's awesome. Regarding the text, I think it's important that we get to know you, and a lot of times, photographers word things soooo professionally and perfectly, that I don't really get to know them at all...it feels like they're just one in a bucketful of thousands of photographers that are exactly the same.

Let your personality come through!

Oct 04, 2013 at 08:26 AM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · I don't believe we have met!

Also lost a lot of weight, and know the struggle Congrats.

I would definitely get amore professional photo tho - would you want the persons pictured to shoot your wedding like that? Because that is the initial impression.

Oct 04, 2013 at 09:55 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.