Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Zenfolio hints & tips?

PeteT
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Zenfolio hints & tips?

99% of the time I'm shooting editorially but I'd like to start pushing my work to the web under my name & make it available for sale. I bought Zenfolio as a tool to do this, but I really think things look cheap the way it came out for me. Can someone share and tips and tricks for making the most of the site?

My test site is under http://zen.yourbandshots.com the rest of my work portfolio is currently on my facebook page, which I don't really see as professional.

Would appreciate hits and creative critism

Oct 02, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Camperjim
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Zenfolio hints & tips?

To me a frame for a photograph should be simple and functional and not at all ornate. When it comes to framing, I like a simple black frame. When it comes to an online presentation, I was also looking for simplicity. With that approach, I was very happy to spend a minimal amount of time and to produce a Zenfolio site that met my needs.

You need to think about what you want in a website and why the current template fails to meet your expectations. Once you really know what you want you have lots of options. First you could continue with Zen or another provider with a similar template approach. You can experiment with different templates and use different templates for different areas of you site. Even with my simple website, I got stuck and dealt with the help desk both by email and phone. I got very good responses. You might try working with the help desk.

You can also go to Word Press or another provider which allows greater freedom in design. Of course, you will have a much steeper learning curve. You will need to invest lots of time and you will probably also end up using predesigned templates. If you are going full bore commercial you probably want to hire a webpage designer. You can spend as much as you want and give the designer as much or as little freedom as you choose. You can also get help with registering your site and with search engine optimization (SEO) techniques and with promoting your site and your business.

I cannot be of much specific help with your current test site. I have no idea what you currently know or care to know about website design. I am not sure what level of critique you expect to get from this forum. Trying to get "tips and tricks" for website design is likely to work about at well as if you asked for the same sort of information regarding photography.

Oct 07, 2013 at 02:45 AM
the888account
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Zenfolio hints & tips?

Quick look at your site & images -there is some good work their so I would focus on show casing the images vs impressing with the template.

For me, I just use Zenfolio as a simple enough medium to give me a canvas to display my work against. Agreed it needs to look professional and well constructed, but for me, the Zenfolio templates deliver this. ]

Let the images sell themselves.

I've found investing the time and effort in a bit of advertising or media has been my main source of success.

Oct 12, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

david debalko
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Zenfolio hints & tips?

This is my Zenfolio site - www.debalkophoto.com
I tried to make a simple site to let the photos stand out.

Oct 14, 2013 at 07:18 PM
mikejl29
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Zenfolio hints & tips?

Here's a great example of a clean Zenfolio store.
http://jordanmanley.zenfolio.com/

Oct 17, 2013 at 02:19 AM
Daniel Smith
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Zenfolio hints & tips?

You are aware that Facebook terms give them the right to use anything you post, including your personal information, for whatever they want including commercial sales?

As far as Zenfolio, be aware that if you self fulfill your orders you can't use their credit card sales features. That and no phone support are two big downfalls of the service.

Nov 20, 2013 at 08:53 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password