Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              6      
       8              14       15       end

Archive 2013 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

John_T
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #1 · p.7 #1 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

...it must be that Mayan calendar flubbing up again...

Oct 10, 2013 at 04:31 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #2 · p.7 #2 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

I'm sure Canon will be announcing a very cool revolutionary new feature soon!

...too bad it will only work in video mode.

Oct 10, 2013 at 04:42 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.7 #3 · p.7 #3 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

Fred Miranda wrote:

Oooo! That's a big hint, if I've ever heard one.

Oct 10, 2013 at 05:11 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.7 #4 · p.7 #4 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

jcolwell wrote:

Jim,

Do we classify tips from Fred as CR0, CR1 or CR2?

Oct 10, 2013 at 05:52 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.7 #5 · p.7 #5 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

JeffG wrote:
a wifi enabled sl2 is a huge photographic advancement?

A this stage of the game yes it is, for Canon.

Trey Ratcliff said it may be the tipping point at which he'll dump his Sony gear.

Oct 10, 2013 at 05:58 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.7 #6 · p.7 #6 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

Fred Miranda wrote:

jcolwell wrote:

mitesh wrote:
Jim,

Do we classify tips from Fred as CR0, CR1 or CR2?

CR3.

Oct 10, 2013 at 06:22 PM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.7 #7 · p.7 #7 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

Sneakyracer wrote:
Unless Canon significantly improves it's sensor's low iso performance, which they have not done in the past 6+ years, then it will be more of the same, good tweaks to some already very good camera bodies.

To be honest I would prefer Canon work on flattening out that curve instead of raising the low end.

Oct 11, 2013 at 08:08 AM
Rickuz
• •
p.7 #8 · p.7 #8 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

Well it won't be something exciting like a new sensor or the 14-24L or the 135L f/1.8 IS.. That would be way too much to ask from Canon! My guess is video stuff, printers and calculators.

Meanwhile at Sony HQ.. Two new compact full frame mirrorless cameras, ready to launch!

Oct 11, 2013 at 03:51 PM
MDJAK
• •
p.7 #9 · p.7 #9 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

I like my Canons. I liked my Nikons. But face it, they're both withering and dying on the vine. They're totally behind the times. Sony, Fuji, etc is kicking their arses. Their stuck in a rut, kinda like Microsoft. Been to a shopping mall lately that has a Microsoft store and an Apple store? You can barely walk in the Apple store they're so crowded. Microsoft store? There is never, ever a time where the employees don't outnumber the browsers.

Every damn camera company, including cell phones, have higher megapixel counts than Canon. Are they kidding? They come out with a super fantastic 200-400 lens for the price of a new car? Are they kidding? No update to the old and tired 100-400? No IS in the 24-70 2.8? You gotta settle for the f4 to get it? Years after Nikon comes out with the stunning wide angle zoom, Canon still hasn't matched it?

Sorry, folks, but it ain't rocket science, it's camera science, something that's been mastered for years.

Oct 11, 2013 at 07:34 PM
timbop
• • • • •
p.7 #10 · p.7 #10 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

MDJAK wrote:
I like my Canons. I liked my Nikons. But face it, they're both withering and dying on the vine. They're totally behind the times. Sony, Fuji, etc is kicking their arses. Their stuck in a rut, kinda like Microsoft. Been to a shopping mall lately that has a Microsoft store and an Apple store? You can barely walk in the Apple store they're so crowded. Microsoft store? There is never, ever a time where the employees don't outnumber the browsers.

Every damn camera company, including cell phones, have higher megapixel counts than Canon. Are they kidding? They come out with a
...Show more

Maybe you ought to go over to canon HQ for a long weekend and teach them how to do it right? We'd all appreciate you getting them back on the right track

Oct 11, 2013 at 07:45 PM
MDJAK
• •
p.7 #11 · p.7 #11 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

Yeah soon as they clean up Fukushima I'll go right on over.

Oct 11, 2013 at 09:16 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.7 #12 · p.7 #12 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

MDJAK wrote:

Every damn camera company, including cell phones, have higher megapixel counts than Canon. Are they kidding? They come out with a
...Show more

Oct 11, 2013 at 09:29 PM
surf monkey
• • • •
p.7 #13 · p.7 #13 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

MDJAK wrote:
Been to a shopping mall lately that has a Microsoft store and an Apple store? You can barely walk in the Apple store they're so crowded. Microsoft store? There is never, ever a time where the employees don't outnumber the browsers.

I've been to Sony Stores that were pretty dead. Mostly people looking at TVs and camcorders.

MDJAK wrote:
Sorry, folks, but it ain't rocket science, it's camera science, something that's been mastered for years.

So who exactly has mastered camera science for years?

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.7 #14 · p.7 #14 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

7 pages, come on, lets elluminate, protifficate, mas... a bit more and get it to 8...pages...we've got only a few hours left til...surprise

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.7 #15 · p.7 #15 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

I believe Canon have seen an untapped market and will release the ePhone (with print button).

Oct 12, 2013 at 01:05 AM
David Baldwin
• • • •
p.7 #16 · p.7 #16 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

MDJAK

You make a good point. Its been years since anything really interesting got released in the DSLR world. All we've had small (but welcome) refinements at extravagant prices. Lots of announcements in the non-DSLR camera world, some of them interesting. Mobile phone images everywhere, all over the internet and newspapers.

I am a huge fan of full frame DSLRs, and I don't want the format to be made obsolete, but in terms of technology and value, the sector seems stagnant and boring. Perhaps something interesting and/or affordable will get released in say 2018. I'm not holding my breath.

Oct 12, 2013 at 02:13 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.7 #17 · p.7 #17 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

David Baldwin wrote:
Perhaps something interesting and/or affordable will get released in say 2018. I'm not holding my breath.

Perhaps. I can't wait to see what the NEX 9 brings.

Regarding Canon, IMHO all I would like to see is improved buffer/throughput, high resolution, high dynamic range, and cleaner images - and perhaps better handling of reds by Canon.

If they could do that, and continue to update lenses, I think they would doing all they need to.

The other part of the equation being DPP - I'd love to see them hire some gun developers to make DPP truly competitive - considering the raging Adobe CC arguments.

Oct 12, 2013 at 03:14 AM
Sneakyracer
• • • •
p.7 #18 · p.7 #18 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

Canon has mostly focused their efforts on the Video segment of the business the last few years. They have introduced new cinema camera bodies and also quite a few lenses made for video in both EF and PL mounts. Even on their dslr's they have obviously focused on video features like with the stm lenses and live view focus during video. Yes, I, like most hard core still photographers, feel a bit neglected in that Canon has not made huge strides in the sesnor department for still image capture. Even so I feel the AF in the 5D3 and 1Dx is superb and finally worthy of the lenses.

Oct 12, 2013 at 05:53 AM
Bones74
• • •
p.7 #19 · p.7 #19 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

Paul Mo wrote:
I believe Canon have seen an untapped market and will release the ePhone (with print button).

If it doesn't have a rate button I'm not buying it

Oct 12, 2013 at 06:22 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.7 #20 · p.7 #20 · Canon is coming with something new on Oct 12th?

Sorry, you'll have to wait for the ePhone S.

Oct 12, 2013 at 06:29 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.