Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Two nex 6/7 questions / rx1

h00ligan
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Two nex 6/7 questions / rx1

Borrowed a 6 - The 5/6 menus are killing me after using the rx1. Is the 7 more geared to organized layout?
Lis the rx1 evf better than the 6. I'm not impressed with the nex 6 evf. In lower light it's very laggy and peaking is poor

Oct 02, 2013 at 02:46 AM
ytwong
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Two nex 6/7 questions / rx1

NEX-7 use the same kind of crappy menu as other NEX 3/5/6 series.

Oct 02, 2013 at 04:10 AM
jonrock
• •
p.1 #3 · Two nex 6/7 questions / rx1

All the NEX cameras use the same menu. The RX-1 and the RX-100 I think both use a different type menu. You'll kind of get used to it with time though.

Oct 02, 2013 at 05:01 AM
LightShow
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Two nex 6/7 questions / rx1

jonrock wrote:
All the NEX cameras use the same menu. The RX-1 and the RX-100 I think both use a different type menu. You'll kind of get used to it with time though.

In that after you set up the camera you hardly ever have to go into the menu.
I hope that the new NEX's are released(FF & ?) that the menus will be updated, and older NEX's will get it too with a FW update

Oct 02, 2013 at 05:32 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Two nex 6/7 questions / rx1

What are you using the menu for?

Oct 02, 2013 at 07:48 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

ytwong
• • •
p.1 #6 · Two nex 6/7 questions / rx1

NEX-7 and 6 relies less on the menu compares to NEX-5/3, but one setting I frequently use, enable/disable OSS, is deep in the menu.

Regarding the EVF, it's lens dependent, if you use a faster lens, the sensor gets more light and it works better... if you use a 6.3 lens (like the long end of the 18-200 or 55-210 zoom), it'd be much worse than if you are using a 1.8 lens.

Oct 02, 2013 at 07:51 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Two nex 6/7 questions / rx1

doesn't the latest iteration of the 5 have more alpha/rx like menus?

Oct 02, 2013 at 11:31 PM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Two nex 6/7 questions / rx1

thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. So far I'm only using it Kit zoom. Which frankly is awful. The old one the non power zoom was much superior in my opinion.

I did pop the 45g on there but its awkward with the metabones adaptor.

I used it today on a scouting trip and noticed really weird mustache distortion on the wide end of the kit lens

the sensor seems exactly the same as the 5n I sold

which is to say not too bad when paired with a good lines a question is what are the guidelines is right now? I'm contemplating possibly Touit 12 millimeter or trying the 10-18

But this house today...I can't see shooting it w/out a DSLR except for features.

To be honest I thought I'd be a bit more impressed with the 6, maybe its just the crappy kit lens letting it down.o really do think its a lot worse than the original. I'll see what I can borrow. Iso 3200 cleans up pretty well. I'm spoiled by full frame for sure.

Is the rx1 evf better than the next?

Here's a very crappy snapshot with the 6 and kit handheld. Like I said it was a scouting trip figured I'd take the nex Look at the ceiling line upper left. Yikes.

Oct 03, 2013 at 01:10 AM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Two nex 6/7 questions / rx1

Yeah, the power zoom is about the worst lens I've used on NEX, at least in my limited time with it.

Oct 03, 2013 at 02:24 AM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Two nex 6/7 questions / rx1

I was tempted to buy the nex 5r from best buy for $387. Just because it had a better kit lens. But ... I really really need to see the 10-18 results or touit 12.

Oct 03, 2013 at 05:52 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password