New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Thank you

oldrattler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Thank you

I want to thank the men & women that provided so much help with my WA assignment "Loretta" (Guitar - Musical Instrument). Without your suggestions I am not sure I could have figured it out. Thank you. Jim

Loretta

Sep 30, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Oregon Gal
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Thank you

Very nice lighting, Jim.

Oct 01, 2013 at 12:22 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Thank you

beauty
and must sound great too

Oct 01, 2013 at 02:11 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Thank you

Oregon Gal wrote:
Very nice lighting, Jim.

Thank you so much. Jim

Oct 01, 2013 at 02:17 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Thank you

sbeme wrote:
beauty
and must sound great too

Thank you. Like most women, Loretta makes beautiful music. Jim

Oct 01, 2013 at 02:19 AM
gregfixit
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Thank you

Nice shot Jim! A very nice submission for the WA.
Greg

Oct 01, 2013 at 05:49 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Thank you

gregfixit wrote:
Nice shot Jim! A very nice submission for the WA.
Greg

Thank you Greg

Oct 01, 2013 at 06:01 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Thank you

To me, that's by far the most interesting image of the group you've presented. Way to hang in there and try different things!

Oct 01, 2013 at 08:50 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Thank you

dmacmillan wrote:
To me, that's by far the most interesting image of the group you've presented. Way to hang in there and try different things!

Thank you. I thought about giving up but everybody was so helpful I did not want to disappoint. Jim

Oct 01, 2013 at 09:23 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Thank you

Much Goodness ... lighting, lines, values, hues, i.e. plenty to explore and enjoy.

Diggin' the shot ... but diggin' the spirit of self-challenge and growth @ "don't give up" even more. IMO, that IS the purpose/spirit of the WA.

The asymmetrical balance on this is pretty sweet ... a kind of tug-o-war at mass on the left and leading lines to the right, with the strings serving as a conduit back and forth and the frets as stepping stones.

Imo, this not a picture of a guitar, but rather a presentation of what you want us to look at, explore and think about. Nice job.

Oct 01, 2013 at 10:33 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Thank you

RustyBug wrote:
Much Goodness ... lighting, lines, values, hues, i.e. plenty to explore and enjoy.

Diggin' the shot ... but diggin' the spirit of self-challenge and growth @ "don't give up" even more. IMO, that IS the purpose/spirit of the WA.

The asymmetrical balance on this is pretty sweet ... a kind of tug-o-war at mass on the left and leading lines to the right, with the strings serving as a conduit back and forth and the frets as stepping stones.

Imo, this not a picture of a guitar, but rather a presentation of what you want us to look at, explore and think
...Show more

Thanks Kent, you have been very helpful in my photographic improvement. Jim

Oct 01, 2013 at 01:25 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Thank you

Well, you are certainly welcome ... glad to help when/where/if I can.

BTW ... if you are gonna be anywhere close to the river, give me a shout and maybe I can make a jaunt over that way for a beverage of choice ... cameras optional.

Oct 01, 2013 at 01:36 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Thank you

RustyBug wrote:
Well, you are certainly welcome ... glad to help when/where/if I can.

BTW ... if you are gonna be anywhere close to the river, give me a shout and maybe I can make a jaunt over that way for a beverage of choice ... cameras optional.

Kent, we are headed north on the 19-22nd. If you are in the area I would love a meet up / photo op / drink. I have never photographed the Arch, Courthouse, Busch stadium, or the river-front. If you cannot make it over maybe some fall colors in Illinois? Jim

Oct 01, 2013 at 04:07 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Thank you

Great job Jim! This is sending you in a different direction, but have you thought about photo ops with your wife playing the guitar (I forget if this instrument is hers or yours?) Whole different vibe and aesthetic, but maybe an interesting project and challenge since you've got this one licked. Just a thought from me who's always thinking about the next project...

Oct 01, 2013 at 08:08 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Thank you

eeneryma wrote:
Great job Jim! This is sending you in a different direction, but have you thought about photo ops with your wife playing the guitar (I forget if this instrument is hers or yours?) Whole different vibe and aesthetic, but maybe an interesting project and challenge since you've got this one licked. Just a thought from me who's always thinking about the next project...

Thank you. I am always looking for new projects but my wife hates being in front of the camera. Jim

Oct 01, 2013 at 09:11 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.