New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Online Portfolio for Canadian Customers

Hardcore
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Online Portfolio for Canadian Customers

Hey,

Just wondering if anybody know of a good option for hosting a portfolio and selling prints and digital downloads to Canadian Customers.

The best 2 I have come across is:

Smugmug: Okay, but cost is high to sell photos and there is no print lab in Canada, which leads to unexpected duty charges to customers

500px: Again, it is okay, but there is no way to adjust download costs and your only print option is a 24x46" canvas.

These are the only 2 I have found that somewhat meet my needs:

1. Online hosting of portfolio
2. Easy purchasing of digital and print products... similar to smugmug, but with Canadian Lab printing.
3. Competitive pricing

Thanks in advance!
Corey

Sep 30, 2013 at 03:50 PM
Paulthelefty
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Online Portfolio for Canadian Customers

Is it a requirement that the orders be fulfilled through the website? You could fulfill the orders manually... I know, a pain, but it gets around the duty charges. Many labs will ship third party for you as well. I don't know about Canadian labs though...

Paul

Sep 30, 2013 at 04:21 PM
Hardcore
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Online Portfolio for Canadian Customers

Paulthelefty wrote:
Is it a requirement that the orders be fulfilled through the website? You could fulfill the orders manually... I know, a pain, but it gets around the duty charges. Many labs will ship third party for you as well. I don't know about Canadian labs though...

Paul

Thanks Paul. Ya, I'm taking photos for a hockey club. I want to eliminate as much work as possible as there could potentially be hundreds of orders over the course of about 5 months.

Sep 30, 2013 at 05:45 PM
mikejl29
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Online Portfolio for Canadian Customers

I spent years looking for this answer as a fellow Canuck. Was on Zenfolio+MPix when I originally found the issue, and they don't seem to be in a rush to fix it. Customers were getting dinged $10+ from FedEx.

SmugMug can fulfill through White House Custom Color... which collects and remits all of the duty for orders into Canada. The customers never see a thing.

Photoshelter is another option. Much more expensive service, but can also fulfill through WHCC.

Anything White House Custom Color is your answer.

Nov 14, 2013 at 08:34 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Online Portfolio for Canadian Customers

http://www.zenfolio.com/zf/ovr-pro/store.aspx#labs

Pretty sure you can pick a lab of your choice in Canada for making the prints.

Dec 07, 2013 at 02:03 AM
mikejl29
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Online Portfolio for Canadian Customers

None of those labs are actually in Canada. They're all outside and have options to ship into.

Dec 15, 2013 at 09:36 PM
photoelle
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Online Portfolio for Canadian Customers

I had the same problem, my Canadian customers did not like being charged in U.S. dollars. I've been using PhotoCart for several years now, and I print my own orders. You can use a local lab for printing.

Its a database that you purchase and customize to your own look and you can choose Canadian currency. The payments go instantly into my Paypal account (or you can choose whatever payment method you wish), and there is no percentage of my sales taken. The developer is excellent to work with.

http://picturespro.com/photo-cart/

Here is my PhotoCart:
Horsephotos

Dec 19, 2013 at 04:36 PM
DougDolde
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Online Portfolio for Canadian Customers

Try Photodeck.com. They let you upload full resolution images and you're able to sell the files online without your intervention in various resolutions/prices. You get paid via Paypal.

You can get half off your first month with coupon code YG@ULYCTN

Dec 20, 2013 at 01:49 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.