New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Tones...

PerlaD300
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tones...

What do you like about this and what you don't?

------
10/3/13 EDIT: Adding color version for comparison..

Edited on Oct 03, 2013 at 03:40 PM · View previous versions

Sep 30, 2013 at 02:05 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tones...

I personally like this Ramesh, though I can't help wondering how it would look with a darker or more shadowed background. I do like the varying shades of gray here and it's interesting that there is not really anything that looks black to me yet it is still well defined. It has an IR look to it and maybe could be a little sharper.
Douglas

Oct 01, 2013 at 03:49 PM
PerlaD300
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tones...

Thanks Douglas. I tried to play with the tones a bit here to be subtler, and intentionally done the contrasting this way. Indeed you mentioned IR, which I haven't thought till now but I guess it does have a similarity to that. As the shot was to the blue sky with pale greens, I couldn't get a darker bg. Appreciate you taking time to respond.

I will try to post the color version of this, just for comparison. Let me know which one you liked better...

Oct 02, 2013 at 05:14 PM
mrchile
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Tones...

I see it differently. There is a little black in parts of the flower, and it looks plenty sharp, but with a shallow depth of focus.
I don't mind the bright background, even though i usually do go for darker ones behind flowers. Overall i think you did quite well.

Oct 02, 2013 at 09:51 PM
MazeRunner
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Tones...

I like it, but would prefer a bit more contrast, and maybe slightly more off center. And maybe stopping down 2/3rds of a stop will render more of the flower in focus. =O

Oct 02, 2013 at 10:30 PM
PerlaD300
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Tones...

Here is the Color version of the same....just for comparison...

Oct 03, 2013 at 03:38 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.