New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Canon Pro9500 Mark II printing issue - ink flood on print

lesaus
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon Pro9500 Mark II printing issue - ink flood on print

I've had this printer for 4 years now and have had no issues until yesterday - last used it about 2 months ago.

The first print out of it on Canon glossy plus II paper (5x7) was an absolute mess with ink puddled and runny all over it. I then selected plain paper (drop-down menu) and printed on 8.5x11 copy paper - no problems. Changed paper type back to glossy plus II (drop-down) and re-tried 5x7 print - same problem. I have been using this paper ever since I got the printer.

Tried 2 more times with other settings...same problem. One of the ink tanks ran out at this point, so I had to stop and order more ink before continuing.

While I'm waiting for the ink to arrive (3 days?) I've been analyzing what the issue could be - damaged driver or ICC profile? I was using the 16-bit driver and will re-download both 8 and 16-bit drivers and probably test using the 8-bit one if the results from 16-bit driver are the same.

What about the ICC profile? Could this be damaged? If so, the only resource I can find is the original installation CD.

I have not made any changes to how I print or what settings I use, so, either the printer or a digital file is broken. I doubt it's the printer, since it works fine on plain paper.

If you have experienced the same issue with this printer, I would like to hear how you resolved it. Thanks for you help!

Sep 30, 2013 at 09:11 AM
Hammy
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon Pro9500 Mark II printing issue - ink flood on print

Check the bottom of the head for pooled ink.

Remove all of the carts, then flip the lever to remove the head. Gently clean the bottom with alcohol and paper towel - repeatedly, to get all the ink off.

I'm assuming this as I've had to do the same think on my Pro9000 printers (and I'm assuming the assy (or dis-assy) is the same.

That may help or solve your issue. As to why it showed up after changing paper type - other than the platen rollers may have adjusted height for the thinner plain paper and not reset properly?

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:26 AM
lesaus
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon Pro9500 Mark II printing issue - ink flood on print

Problem resolved. Downloaded latest drivers, cleaned heads. All is back to normal. Did not see any ink pooling on the heads. I have had to clean them before due to clogs, but, the colors would just be off, not ink dumping all over the print.

Oct 03, 2013 at 07:58 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.