1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Canon USA offers mail away rebate on EF Lenses

Chumma
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Canon USA offers mail away rebate on EF Lenses

Camerajunqie wrote:
May be right, may be wrong but I bought a new canon 70-200 vII from Best Buy for 2199 before rebate. I read that some are worried about canon accepting rebate but best buy is on rebate authorized dealers. I will be submitting rebate form shortly and will let you guys know if there is a problem. Having said that, has anybody figured out the best way to get cash out of the american express rebate card?

Yes, please keep us updated on what happens with your rebate submission. I'm interested in buying a 24-70II, so I like to know what happens with the rebate.

Regarding cashing the American Express card, I'm not sure whether you can get cash. Once you get the rebate card, start using your rebate card for all your regular purchases and keep track of how much you are spending. Use it until you completely exhaust the balance. That way, you are not spending your cash, in effect saving your cash.

Oct 04, 2013 at 09:28 PM
Camerajunqie
• •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Canon USA offers mail away rebate on EF Lenses

Ok, so far so good. Pre-submitted rebate form without glitch. Mailing hardcopy of info tomorrow. Had difficulty finding rebate ID # but once located rest of form went smooth. Now comes the 6 weeks of wait and see.

Oct 14, 2013 at 06:14 AM
Camerajunqie
• •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Canon USA offers mail away rebate on EF Lenses

Just got word. Payment Approved. Check not in mail but should be shortly. I filed papers 10/18. Not too slow. Turning out to be a good deal, 1899 for the 70-200 vii after rebate.

Oct 24, 2013 at 01:34 PM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Canon USA offers mail away rebate on EF Lenses

One trip to Costco and my wife and I can vaporize any AmEx gift card, for sure.

Oct 24, 2013 at 03:08 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Canon USA offers mail away rebate on EF Lenses

sirimiri wrote:

My wife wouldn't need me- she could vaporize any AmEx gift card on her own

Oct 24, 2013 at 03:58 PM
Methodical
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Canon USA offers mail away rebate on EF Lenses

zwooba wrote:
Plus, it comes as an American Express "Reward Card." Not a check. You can't put it in the bank, you have to go spend it. And after six months, there is a $2 a month fee.

Not sure how Canon does things, but I got a rebate from Carrier and they allowed a one time transfer of the monies. I hope Canon is the same as I will be getting the 24-70 II soon. I don't like the mail in rebates either, instant is best.

Also, with the mail in rebate, Canon has a website and number where you can check the status.

Oct 25, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Methodical
• • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Canon USA offers mail away rebate on EF Lenses

Breitling65 wrote:
Refurbished 24-70II is always out of stock, I am checking 3 times a day for a month already and no luck. Besides difference to one with this rebate is not as big. No tax and free shipping from BH, also new. Very tempting

Canon's taxes on refurbs just sends the price of the lens back to the "buy a new" lens price for me. I hope to get lucky and catch a refurb with 15% off (hah!)

Oct 25, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Camerajunqie
• •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Canon USA offers mail away rebate on EF Lenses

sirimiri wrote:

You tell your wife about the lens! You are much braver than me.

Oct 25, 2013 at 06:11 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.