Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Happy With My 75/1.8 Oly

jhinkey
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Happy With My 75/1.8 Oly

Took my Nikon 24-85AFS VR down to the local pro shop here in Seattle to trade it in on a black Oly 75/1.8 for use on my GH-2. It was mostly sitting around unused for the past year as it just did not get along with the D800. I have the excellent 12-35/2.8 Panasonic, but I needed something both longer and faster. Turns out the Oly rep was there and they were starting the October instant rebates a bit early - so I got $50 off. Not all that much for the Nikon, but at least it was a couple hundred $$ to put toward a lens that will keep it's value much better.

Came home and used it around the house a bit. I am more than pleased with it thus far. Just need to test it for centering tomorrow and hopefully it will pass that test and be a keeper.

Looks like I'm paring down the Nikon FX system a bit and expanding the m43 system.

Also handled the GX-7 today - oh man . . . . lucky for me the black version is not offered in the US yet . . .

Stormy Afternoon

DMC-GH2    OLYMPUS M.75mm F1.8 lens    75mm    f/1.8    1/800s    160 ISO    -0.7 EV  

DMC-GH2    OLYMPUS M.75mm F1.8 lens    75mm    f/1.8    1/200s    160 ISO    -0.7 EV  

Sep 29, 2013 at 02:54 AM
TMaG82
• •
p.1 #2 · Happy With My 75/1.8 Oly

Very nice. I'll have to give it a try sometime, I had the Oly 60 and found it that I didn't use it that much and thought that it was too long for my needs, but again it was the macro and maybe I was more thrown by the slower AF than the actual length. Impressive shots so far.

Sep 29, 2013 at 03:11 AM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Happy With My 75/1.8 Oly

Anyone else feel free to show their images from this fine lens! I will share more as soon as I get a chance to use it more.

Sep 29, 2013 at 08:19 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password