Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Some more macro with the Fuji XE1

Constable
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Some more macro with the Fuji XE1

Dear all

Following this morning's pale tussock, I started rethinking my dismisal of the Fuji X cameras for "real" macro. I jst took the XE1 with the 60 mm macro out for a walk this afternoon What do you thin? I am pleased with these .... no they are not up to the level of my Canons or Leica with dedicated macro and lighting, but for lightweight kit that you can take anywhere t is really rather impressive

Ed

© Constable 2013

© Constable 2013

© Constable 2013

© Constable 2013

© Constable 2013

Sep 28, 2013 at 02:24 PM
Dalantech
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Some more macro with the Fuji XE1

The overall sharpness looks acceptable, but you want to avoid centering the subject unless it fills the frame. Also try to get down at eye level on your subjects -that top down "I'm about to step on it" angle doesn't work well unless your shooting butterflies or dragonflies (and even then it doesn't always work).

Sep 28, 2013 at 04:01 PM
Constable
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Some more macro with the Fuji XE1

Hi Dalantech

These were essentially technical crops rather than artistic works. But you also have identified a problem with the small size of the camera ... Paradoxically, it seems harder to get into good position for better angles ... I think this is purely psychological though.

Have tried to edit to remove the duplicates .... Mods- how did this happen? On my iPad all images are duplicated but the upload seems correct

Ed

Sep 28, 2013 at 09:27 PM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.