Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda, JimFox
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Nubble Light Painting

Nori
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Nubble Light Painting

My first try at light painting.

The first image shows what the scene looked like with out any flash lights

The second is the edited version as per Jim's suggestions

Edited on Sep 29, 2013 at 12:11 AM · View previous versions

Sep 28, 2013 at 06:08 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Nubble Light Painting

Hey Nori,

Pretty nice work on the light painting, but it does still look like you used a flashlight. Usually on scenes like this, you want to light them up a bit, but you don't want the photo to be obvious that a flashlight was used... The rocks along the bottom and the left corner are too bright still. Tone them down, or crop them out. The rocks just beyond them are lit really nice, that's the look I would look for if it was mine.

One other thought, the red light doesn't look very bright in the sky, but it's reflection is so red, it's actually the first thing I think the eye sees. Obviously by the look of your #2 shot, it's a bright light. But since there is no corresponding bright red light on the lighthouse, it doesn't feel right. So I would dim that light down in the reflection. I think you want it to blend into the scene, not dominate the scene.

Jim

Sep 28, 2013 at 07:42 PM
Nori
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Nubble Light Painting

JimFox wrote:
Hey Nori,

Pretty nice work on the light painting, but it does still look like you used a flashlight. Usually on scenes like this, you want to light them up a bit, but you don't want the photo to be obvious that a flashlight was used... The rocks along the bottom and the left corner are too bright still. Tone them down, or crop them out. The rocks just beyond them are lit really nice, that's the look I would look for if it was mine.

One other thought, the red light doesn't look very bright in the sky, but it's reflection
...Show more

Thanks Jim for the suggestions, I knew you would have a few pointers . Uploaded the edited version

Sep 29, 2013 at 12:12 AM
CW100
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Nubble Light Painting

the edited version looks good

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:52 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password