CJ.

© crappyjones123 2013

NEX 6 with Touit 32/1.8

Sep 28, 2013 at 02:23 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The snozberries

Not for everyone's taste but I like the stylized work here. The eyesa re compelling and unavoidable. The highly detailed skin adds to the intensity as desired.
Nits: Not sure on ideal crop but I find the small amount of cut off head a bit odd. Of course odd is allowed and maybe works well here.
On the left the out of focus object is a bit distracting. Unless it holds some hidden meaning I would eliminate it as competing with the portrait. To a lesser degree the light shape right edge by the ear also distracts.

Sep 28, 2013 at 11:53 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The snozberries

I acknowledge you interpretation, but a little over the top for me. Jim

Sep 28, 2013 at 09:28 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The snozberries

I'm most likely from a different generation and I didn't know what snozberries were. So I looked up the definition in the urban dictionary, and this is what I found:

1.) "In Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Willie Wonka mentions licking snozberries. What most people don't know is that in one of Dahl's adult books, snozberry is a euphamism for penis. He was slipping dirty humor into a kid's book for his private amusement."
2.) "A delicious flavour berry only grown in the willy wonka factory, dead dead yummy."

So when Scott mentioned, "not for everybody's taste, I guess he knew what he was talking about linguistically and photographically.

With your processing, a dramatic image that evokes unease, dread, and perhaps horror. I'm glad you're not my portrait photographer,

Agree with Scott's processing adjustment suggestions.

Sep 29, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Anurag
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The snozberries

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. The subject is the president of the photography club at my medical school and we were just goofing off amidst taking some pictures for another club event.

Regarding the processing, even though he is a very young guy (early 30s I think) I wanted to see far I could push the image. He actually liked it enough to ask for a large print of it for his living room. Go figure...

Regarding the snozberries comment, I guess we are from different generations indeed for I have never seen willie wonka. I'm surprised though that urban dictionary didn't give you the reference from the movie Super Troopers. I don't smoke personally but it was and remains one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. In a strange way he reminded me of that guy in the movie. Hence the title. Here's a link to the video.

http://youtu.be/0PKtGnyGuKM

Thanks,

Cj

Sep 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.