Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Clearing Over Canyonlands

myweh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Clearing Over Canyonlands

Here is an image that was never posted from a 2009 trip throughout the Southwest. What I thought was going to be a wasted, rainy day down in Moab ended up being a lucky break in Canyonlands. Some pretty heavy rains finally began to break apart, allowing for the sun to make its way down into the canyon and illuminate the ever changing clouds. With the recent rain, the colors were incredibly clear, and the layers of clouds provided for some amazing perspective.

Nikon D300 and 17-55 f/2.8

Sep 28, 2013 at 02:25 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Clearing Over Canyonlands

That is very cool. I like your choice for the foreground. It's always nice when clouds break up.

Jim

Sep 28, 2013 at 04:14 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Clearing Over Canyonlands

Nice image! And it reminds me how good a lens that 17-55mm is on a DX camera.

There really are very few wasted, rainy overcast days in Moab. Somewhere, at some time, the sun will poke through. Often giving you cool clouds and light or a rainbow. Also, looking at the cloud cover in Moab versus Canyonlands is misleading, since the Island in the Sky is 2,000 feet higher and often above the clouds. As a landscape photographer you need to have patience, stake your location and wait...

Sep 28, 2013 at 02:30 PM
Scott Kroeker
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Clearing Over Canyonlands

Excellent! Love that FG tree!

Sep 29, 2013 at 05:37 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password