New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · tried THE google, no answer yet

joanlvh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · tried THE google, no answer yet

does anyone know if the Voigt 90mm m mount is the same optically as the Voigt 90mm Nikon mount?
thank u , joanlvh

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM
U.C.
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · tried THE google, no answer yet

According to photozone.de:

The Voigtländer APO-Lanthar 90mm f/3.5 in another affordable tele prime with Leica M39 mount. The lens name may sound familiar to DSLR users - Cosina (the actual manufacturer) offers another APO-Lanthar 90mm f/3.5 SL II for Canon EOS/Nikon F/Pentax K but the optical and mechanical design is different.

But looking at these diagrams make me wonder:
Nikon

Leica

Edited on Sep 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM · View previous versions

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM
curious80
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · tried THE google, no answer yet

joanlvh wrote:
does anyone know if the Voigt 90mm m mount is the same optically as the Voigt 90mm Nikon mount?
thank u , joanlvh

Due to the large difference in register distance of m-mount vs Nikon mount, they can not be the same design.

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:32 AM
joanlvh
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · tried THE google, no answer yet

thank you, U. C. and Curious80 is one thought to have better optics ?

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:34 AM
U.C.
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · tried THE google, no answer yet

curious80 wrote:
Due to the large difference in register distance of m-mount vs Nikon mount, they can not be the same design.

Doesn't have to be, because the Leica version is much longer, it could also be the same design but with a sort built-in adapter.

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM
helimat
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · tried THE google, no answer yet

I picked one up for use on my EOS-M, and although I can't say how close it is to the SLR version, for the $299 I paid for it I am certainly impressed by it on 1.6 crop anyways. I think my mirrorless tryout is coming to an end, but since this particular lens was fairly cheap I might hang onto it for a future M9 purchase.

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:41 PM
AhamB
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · tried THE google, no answer yet

U.C. wrote:
Doesn't have to be, because the Leica version is much longer, it could also be the same design but with a sort built-in adapter.

That was my immediate impression when I saw the M-mount version. It just has a longer tube at the end.

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:56 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · tried THE google, no answer yet

Isn't the Leica version much narrower?

Sep 27, 2013 at 01:57 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · tried THE google, no answer yet

There maybe a slight difference in design, but there's no discernible difference in output. If you're shopping for one for a mirrorless camera, I'd go with the LTM for the simple reason that it comes with a hood (which it needs) and hood cap, so you never have to remove the hood.

Sep 27, 2013 at 02:08 PM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · tried THE google, no answer yet

curious80 wrote:

The difference in register does not always require a different design. Some of the Leica M and Leica R lenses (the 90 cron APO for example) share the same design but have vastly different registers.

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:14 PM
mcbroomf
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · tried THE google, no answer yet

I suggest emailing Stephen Gandy at Cameraquest. He should know. They both have 6 elements/5 groups but the SL offers close focus while the M MFD is 1 meter.

Mike

Sep 28, 2013 at 03:16 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.