Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda, JimFox
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Toketee Falls, Oregon

bktools
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Toketee Falls, Oregon

Accessible by 1/2 mile trail with a series of stairs. From recent road trip. Thanks for looking.

Bob

Reference from Web:

"Toketee Falls is a waterfall located on the North Umpqua River in Southern Oregon, approximately 58 miles (93 km) east of Roseburg, Oregon, US near Oregon Route 138. Carved from ancient columnar basalt, Toketee Falls drops approximately 120 feet (36 meters) in two stages.

With a reliable water flow on the North Umpqua River, the Toketee—a Chinook Indian name meaning graceful—avoids the seasonal fluctuations of other creek-fed waterfalls in Oregon.

The waterfall is regulated by a dam built just upstream by PacifiCorp, which now regulates and reduces the water flow over the falls. Previously the full volume of the North Umpqua River was allowed to flow over the falls, but has been reduced by a penstock that utilizes the drop of the falls to generate hydroelectricity."

Tighter crop, per Jim Fox's critique

Edited on Sep 28, 2013 at 12:39 AM · View previous versions

Sep 27, 2013 at 02:00 PM
stanparker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Toketee Falls, Oregon

Nice shot, Bob. I've been there twice and the flow you got is more than I've seen. Really adds to the power of the scene.

Sep 27, 2013 at 08:46 PM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Toketee Falls, Oregon

Great shot...looks like ALOT of power in that water.

Sep 27, 2013 at 09:25 PM
mike717
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Toketee Falls, Oregon

Nice Bob, looks like it was well worth the short hike in!

Mike

Sep 27, 2013 at 10:45 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Toketee Falls, Oregon

Hey Bob,

That is a lot of water from that waterfall. The composition though I think could be better. I would have swung the waterfall more towards the left side of the frame as the area left of the waterfall just doesn't do much and the pile of dead trunks grabs my eye.

Jim

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:01 AM
bktools
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Toketee Falls, Oregon

Hi Stan, Scott & Mike,

Many thanks for your most welcome and kind comments and glad you like the image (note #2 image is a redo with tighter crop, per Jim Fox's critique): it was good time to be there- light was just right that morning.

Bob

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:42 AM
bktools
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · Toketee Falls, Oregon

JimFox wrote:
Hey Bob,

That is a lot of water from that waterfall. The composition though I think could be better. I would have swung the waterfall more towards the left side of the frame as the area left of the waterfall just doesn't do much and the pile of dead trunks grabs my eye.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Many thanks for your critique, per composition and the #2 image and you're right, the redo does look better. Image #1 was more the naturalist than the artist in regards to the logjam at the base of the falls, a very common and ubiquitous aspect in the Pacific NW.

Bob

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Scott Kroeker
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Toketee Falls, Oregon

Love the cropped version Bob!

Sep 28, 2013 at 05:05 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

bktools
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Toketee Falls, Oregon

Scott Kroeker wrote:
Love the cropped version Bob!

Hi Scott,

Many thanks for your most welcome and kind comments and glad you like the #2 image.

Bob

Sep 28, 2013 at 02:04 PM
BryanSwan
• •
p.1 #10 · Toketee Falls, Oregon

Man that is a LOT of water, you have to be there at just the right time to be able to catch it like that considering how much of the river is diverted to the hydro plant, and you did a good job depicting just that. I'd definitely agree that the cropped version works a lot better.

Sep 28, 2013 at 05:47 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · Toketee Falls, Oregon

Friggin love this falls! Great shots here! It always make me want to climb up in there. A little oasis!

Sep 28, 2013 at 09:08 PM
Jfarmer
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Toketee Falls, Oregon

I think that the crop does help.
Jon

Sep 28, 2013 at 09:38 PM
bktools
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · Toketee Falls, Oregon

Hi Bryan, Mark & Jon,

Thanks very much for your most welcome and kind comments and glad you like the #2 image.

Bob

Sep 28, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Rohanban
• •
p.1 #14 · Toketee Falls, Oregon

I like the first one better nice shot.

Oct 03, 2013 at 05:08 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · Toketee Falls, Oregon

Hey Bob,

Nice work with the crop, losing those dead logs really helps eliminate them as a distraction.

Jim

Oct 03, 2013 at 05:40 PM
bktools
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · Toketee Falls, Oregon

Hi Rohanban & Jim,

Thanks very much for your most welcome and kind comments and glad you like the revised image.

Bob

Oct 03, 2013 at 09:39 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password