Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Colorado Flooding - Update

DejanS
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Colorado Flooding - Update

Hi all, as the colors change in Colorado through this weekend until the 2nd week in October, I thought I would give one more update as to access to several areas along the Colorado front range and Rocky Mountain National Park. First, there is only one way in or out of the east side of RMNP, via Estes Park Rt 7. The road is in good conditions, but stay alert for rock slides. Trail Ridge Road is closed to through traffic to allow heavy equipment movement to flood damaged areas. Estes Park is open for your business as Elk season has begun. To get to the east side of RMNP, you will have access via I-70 or Golden Gate Canyon (Golden, CO) to get to Rt 7. Most of the canyon roads have been wiped out or severely damaged. However, due to operations 24/7 and massive efforts in both the private and public sector construction operations, Boulder Canyon (Rt 119) is expected to be open in October, Rt 36 by Dec 1, Rt 34 Dec 1 as well as the other canyon routes. All repairs are temporary fixes to get communities back on their feet and create a sense of normalcy here in CO. There are a few short cuts back to Boulder via dirt roads, but those are used by locals and commerce and it's suggested to leave it alone. There is still significant discharge in the affected streams & rivers and are considered dangerous as the amount of rainfall received was considered a 1,000 year event and ground saturation levels are still very high.

For updated info on RMNP, go here: http://www.nps.gov/romo/index.htm
Remember, if you want to visit the park, do so. The area is now open for business and needs your visitor dollars to survive and get back on its feet.

Dejan

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:10 AM
mMontag
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Colorado Flooding - Update

Thanks Dejan for posting this - ideal time to visit the National Park & Estes Park - a little fresh snow today to add to the scenery.

Additional note - only the upper section of Rt. 7 is open - the lower section below Raymond/Riverside to the town of Lyons is closed.

Sep 27, 2013 at 02:02 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Colorado Flooding - Update

Thanks for the update Dejan.

Jim

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:07 AM
mMontag
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Colorado Flooding - Update

All things said & done - RMNP is now closed. This absolutely crushes a beautiful mountain resort & support town supplying our National Park & devastating for local merchants after an unprecedented flood keeping visitors away. We would not be as comfortable visiting RMNP without the aid, support & convenience of Estes Park. I'm talking about people here - their income, the local business revenues that are cyclic to the seasonal operations in these destinations. Maybe your state has similar. W$F

Our National Parks & associated tourism are huge tourism revenues for states with these Parks - always open (or - almost always) for our enjoyment with opportunities for photography & such.

That being said - I'm lost for words......

Oct 02, 2013 at 02:04 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password