Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda, JimFox
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Anasazi ruin

philtax
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Anasazi ruin

Hi all,

I was visiting Sedona a month or so ago and took a tour bus to the GC for the day. We stopped at a fascinating Anasazi ruin (Wukoki) and I was able to snap a couple of shots. Any comments welcome and thanks for looking as always!

Phil

Edited on Sep 27, 2013 at 12:13 PM · View previous versions

Sep 27, 2013 at 04:41 AM
cherubino
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Anasazi ruin

Lovely! The clouds are great and the red sandstone and blue sky make a nice contrast in color.
Thanks for sharing.

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:32 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Anasazi ruin

Hey Phil,

I remember stopping by there a few years ago. A cool place, but kind of a tough place to get landscape shhiots. #1 has some nice clouds, but I don't know, the walls in that shot just aren't doing anything visually to interest me. #2 seems cut off on both the right and the left side of the shot. #3 is the best shot as far as it gives the viewer a feel for what it is you were shooting in #1 and 2. But the clouds being almost blowhin out in it take away from it. Perhaps use a layer mask in #3 and darken the clouds a bit to give #3 some life. I think #3 has the most potential here.

Jim

Sep 27, 2013 at 05:38 PM
philtax
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Anasazi ruin

Thanks for your thoughts Cherubino and Jim. Very helpful! It turns out that in image three the sky was just featureless, not blown out. Alas, the clouds were in the other direction. I should have tried for a shot that encompassed the whole structure as well as the clouds. Next time!

Phil

Sep 28, 2013 at 02:12 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password