Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Steve Tinetti, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Should this section of the forum remain anonymous?
Yes, i think it should remain anonymous.
No, i'd like to know who is posting information and advice to me.
Other, please explain below for others benefit.

Anonimity?

photosymbol
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anonimity?

The idea was brought up in the past in a couple of threads that users of this section of the forum should have their website or profile information filled out in their profile.

I tend to agree with this, as I'd like to know who I'm getting suggestions, advice and criticism from.

It's no secret that I'm a fan of transparency and standing behind my words. But i have a hard time taking anyone serious when i don't know who they are. If i hear business advice and i go to their site and see they aren't even taking their own advice, how reliable can that information be?

If people are here in this section misrepresenting themselves, i'd like to know that and not fall into their lame undeserved advice/respect.

I know, the standard response from those that wish to remain anonymous will say, this is the internet, get over it. But this is a tight group and i like this forum. I think some people would think twice about acting out of hand if everyone knew who they were in real life.

What say you?

Sep 27, 2013 at 02:42 AM
Josh Evilsizor
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anonimity?

I don't understand people who stick to the need to have profile info filled out. Good advice is good advice, no matter who it comes from. And the same goes for bad advice... There are plenty of well established people out there who dole out what, IMO, is bad advice. So stop focusing on WHERE the advice/critique and WHAT it is instead.

Sep 27, 2013 at 02:52 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anonimity?

Bets on how many minutes until this is deleted? LMFAO

I've already stated I think a professional portion of the forum should require credentials. My thread was deleted for saying such.

Sep 27, 2013 at 03:08 AM
jcolman
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anonimity?

I agree 100%

Sep 27, 2013 at 03:10 AM
morby
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anonimity?

I agree. Mainly because I want to know who D Diggler is

Sep 27, 2013 at 03:12 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Anonimity?

I agree with Josh but I also think that you should pay it forward...
If you want to dish it out you better be able to take it. So put up the site or else be open to showing something.
Now In Josh's case he really does not shoot all that much anymore but used to post work all the time. So even though he does not have a site listed (might not even have an active site anymore) he is more than able to give it and take it from people.

Basically I think that is what it comes down to.

Sep 27, 2013 at 03:20 AM
jcolman
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Anonimity?

morby wrote:
I agree. Mainly because I want to know who D Diggler is

It's obvious that he's the grandson of H.C.B. Or he could be a photography student who has more book smarts than practical experience. But the likely answer is that he's Sam's evil twin.

Sep 27, 2013 at 03:22 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Anonimity?

Well, this thread is headed in the same direction as the previous one. Hmmmm. Imagine that. Maybe a consideration of a new rule is in order? Yea, yea, I know. It's Fred's baby. Whatever. I just think majority opinion should be highly considered.

Sep 27, 2013 at 03:35 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Anonimity?

Alan wants the NWO!!!!
haha

Sep 27, 2013 at 03:41 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Anonimity?

I used to be in the "Anonymous" camp because it meant being able to ask advice in delicate client situations.

But given some people's propensity to foster political agendas here while most of us are just here to better our photography skillset, I'm now switching to the "Require a website" camp.

Sep 27, 2013 at 04:04 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Anonimity?

are we still talking about this?

Sep 27, 2013 at 04:09 AM
photosymbol
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Anonimity?

joelconner wrote:
are we still talking about this?

Why not? Is it a waste of time? Look at the results so far. The majority seem to favor it.

Sep 27, 2013 at 04:13 AM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Anonimity?

It just seems like people are going on and on because there is one person on the forums that bugs them and refuses to post his work. It just seems like an attempt to one-up this person, and I find it childish.

I have no problem having everyone being identified...just the flavor of all the reasoning lately has gone sour to me.

Sep 27, 2013 at 04:21 AM
photosymbol
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Anonimity?

Let's be clear, i have no issue with one single person not filling out their info. You may see it otherwise, you are entitled to see it that way.

No surprise that those opposed don't have their info filled out.

Sep 27, 2013 at 04:25 AM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Anonimity?

photosymbol wrote:
No surprise that those opposed don't have their info filled out.

seriously?

*points down at the link to my site*

**and the fact that my screen name is my ACTUAL name**

If I remember correctly, I have seen you give multiple direct quips about one person not having his site info filled on. Maybe I am wrong about that, but I could have sworn you were one of them.

Sep 27, 2013 at 04:28 AM
photosymbol
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Anonimity?

uh, i wasn't talking about you. I was talking about post #2.

Sep 27, 2013 at 04:41 AM
flash
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Anonimity?

Personally, I don't care if people want to stay anonymous. There are plenty of websites where you can hang out if you really must know who everyone is.

Gordon

Sep 27, 2013 at 04:42 AM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Anonimity?

Besides...this is a free, open forum. If there were membership requirements, that would one thing. I think people deserve the right to remain anonymous. If they are causing problems, the mods can deal with them as they have in the past.

Sep 27, 2013 at 04:44 AM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Anonimity?

photosymbol wrote:
uh, i wasn't talking about you. I was talking about post #2.

Well, I am one of the "opposed" that you spoke of. Roll your eyes all you want, but you were the one who said it.

Sep 27, 2013 at 04:46 AM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Anonimity?

And...the second post you spoke of, that is his name. All you gots to do is to work the google machine and you can find his work too.

Sep 27, 2013 at 04:47 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password