New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Ikan 576 LED opinions

mrbill98

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ikan 576 LED opinions

Hello everyone, I just purchased this LED light a couple of days ago for studio work. Beautiful light, adj color
temp, remote, looks well made. It comes with a power adapter for in-studio use. HERES the GOTCHA !!!
If I want to make this light portable, the smallest capacity, dedicated battery, cost almost as much as the light. OUCH. Anybody use this light? What are your thoughts about investing in a portable power system??
HELP!! I can't take it back. Thanks

Sep 26, 2013 at 08:22 PM
400d
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ikan 576 LED opinions

The easy way is to buy a 12V battery (Lead Acid, NiMH, Li-Ion, LiFePO4), connect it to an inverter (min. of 100W), then just plug in the original AC adapter. The AC adapter should be switched mode power adapter so the inverter can be modified sine wave.

Advanced DIY is to buy a 4-pin XLR female connector (same pin-out as the light), and connect it to any 12V DC power source you have. It seems the light max. power draw is 82W, I'd say buy a battery with min. 10Ah capacity. You have to figure out the pins (positive and negative) yourself though.

Sep 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM
mrbill98

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ikan 576 LED opinions

Thanks 400d. That's good advice, as it mirrors what I was able to scour from other sites, after I got over the
initial shock. Thanks again

Sep 27, 2013 at 08:19 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.