Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Fotodiox announced WonderPana FreeArc filter system

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fotodiox announced WonderPana FreeArc filter system

Fotodiox announced WonderPana FreeArc filter system

Fotodiox announced their new WonderPana FreeArc filter system.

The new "FreeArc" design allows filters to easily rotate 360 degrees. Previously, the original WonderPana system was cumbersome and time-consuming to rotate in the field. Now, it moves freely and photographers will love the new increased usability and functionality of this great filter solution.

Specifications:
  • Core System: mounts our 145mm round filters; Circular Polarizer, Neutral Density 4-32, UV, pinch cap
  • WP66 square filter upgrade: mount our exclusive 6.6 filters hard and soft edged ND gradients
  • FreeArc rotates square filter at any angle: mount 1 round & 1 square filter, or 2 square filters simultaneously
  • options for mounting Lee & Cokin XL Creative Filters
  • All aluminum build two component collar system for secure mounting
  • Ultra wide angle construction to eliminate vignetting

Initially, the new WonderPana FreeArc filter system was only released for the Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8 lens. Other lenses will be supported in the future, including the Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L and Rokinon 14mm f/2.8.

Check out the Amazon bundle specials for the Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8 lens.

Sep 26, 2013 at 05:33 PM
luke0622
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fotodiox announced WonderPana FreeArc filter system

what are the difference between the SE (Soft Edge) and HE (Hard Edge)?

Might consider to get a set, would get some good use on my 14-24/2.8

Sep 26, 2013 at 07:47 PM
playerofwar
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fotodiox announced WonderPana FreeArc filter system

You have SE and HE with gradient ND filters.
SE gives a smooth transition from clear to a certain ND.
HE gives a clear line in the middle between clear and ND (for landscapes with flat horizon for example).

Sep 26, 2013 at 07:52 PM
luke0622
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fotodiox announced WonderPana FreeArc filter system

Appreciate it.

Anybody uses their previous version before? how is it compares to Lee filter?

Sep 26, 2013 at 08:49 PM
thegt1

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fotodiox announced WonderPana FreeArc filter system

Is this a joke, 500.00 for a filter holder and some lame filters, what are we coming to.

Sep 26, 2013 at 10:45 PM
RLDubbya
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fotodiox announced WonderPana FreeArc filter system

Hmmm...I see that Amazon has the old WonderPana system available as a bundle for the Nikkor 14-24 with UV, CPL, ND4, ND8, ND16 & ND32 for about $270. I applied for an Amazon card, qualified, got $50, had another $40 in reward points.

Scored the Wonderpana system I've been wanting for $180.

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Brad Barr
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fotodiox announced WonderPana FreeArc filter system

You have a link to that bundle?? I'm not seeing it. I see one for 300, but not with all that in it.

Sep 27, 2013 at 01:35 PM
rick_reno
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fotodiox announced WonderPana FreeArc filter system

I have the non-rotating version, I'll stick with it. I have found no need to want to rotate the filter system in over a year of using it.

Sep 27, 2013 at 02:55 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fotodiox announced WonderPana FreeArc filter system

rick_reno wrote:
I have the non-rotating version, I'll stick with it. I have found no need to want to rotate the filter system in over a year of using it.

I believe there is an upgrade path for those with the previous non-rotation version. Call or email Fotodiox.

Sep 27, 2013 at 03:41 PM
RLDubbya
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fotodiox announced WonderPana FreeArc filter system

Brad Barr wrote:
You have a link to that bundle?? I'm not seeing it. I see one for 300, but not with all that in it.

Actually, no, I can't - I looked, and the link in my cart goes nowhere. I did a chat session with somebody from India and was told that Item Number is no longer valid.

We'll see if my order actually comes through. Would be nice, but I guess somebody made a mistake.

Sep 27, 2013 at 07:25 PM
Jan Brittenson
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fotodiox announced WonderPana FreeArc filter system

Looks excellent, will probably get one of these once it ships. You want a rotating holder for GNDs.

luke0622, you want to generally use soft edges with wide angles. The greater the magnification, the wider the edge is reproduced in the image. A wide angle like in the 15-21mm range will reproduce a hard edge like a very noticeable line. Even the Lee soft edges are borderline on very wide lenses and require careful placement.

Similarly, you want a hard edge on long lenses, or the better part of the entire image may fit in the gradient at say 200-300mm.

Fortunately, cameras are starting to have enough dynamic range that GNDs aren't all that necessary and hopefully can be omitted from the gear cabinet altogether in the not too distant future.

Sep 28, 2013 at 05:24 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password