Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

D600 price drop

Kell
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · D600 price drop

down to $1800 on Amazon....wonder how low it will go...610 supposed to be announced in a week..I'm waiting to pull the trigger but will see what the specs will actually be, how much it is, how long until available, and how much the 600 will drop...probably have to use the RX100 for Fall foliage this year, oh well

Sep 26, 2013 at 05:09 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · D600 price drop

If Nikon were to come out with follow-up to the D600, why are they calling it a D610 as opposed to a D600s?

Sep 26, 2013 at 05:13 PM
Kell
• • •
p.1 #3 · D600 price drop

what do you want to hear, I could come up with a SWAG..perhaps numeric is for fixes and alpha designation for actual upgrades...

Sep 26, 2013 at 05:22 PM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #4 · D600 price drop

From what i hear, there is ZERO update, only a new model number to distinguish from the dusty sensored d600....to me, this whole thing could have been fixed with a press release, saying all D600's from now on that dont have dust/oil problems will be marked as such with a "Dust Free" sticker, from this serial number on...

I mean, when Canon had the AF issues with early 1d mark III's, they didnt release the 1d mark 3.5....they just put a blue sticker on the box of all "fixed" bodies...problem solved...

Sep 26, 2013 at 05:31 PM
runamuck
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · D600 price drop

Nikon will NOT admit to a problem, and that is the problem. Introducing a "610" with minor tweaks gives a "new" camera and never admits to a problem. It's all a game of semantics.

Deserved or not, the D600 has a reputation as damaged goods. A new "model" overcomes that rep.

Sep 26, 2013 at 05:52 PM
Kell
• • •
p.1 #6 · D600 price drop

yeah, it'll be interesting how they advertise/market the release...if they mention a new 'upgraded shutter mechanism'...they can't be so stupid as to think eveyone is that stupid, that would be, well, stupid...but if they don't make any other changes then that will have left them with an admission of guilty of a faulty model..if all they did was upgrade the AF to the 51pt that would be awesome

Sep 26, 2013 at 06:01 PM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #7 · D600 price drop

Kell wrote:
yeah, it'll be interesting how they advertise/market the release...if they mention a new 'upgraded shutter mechanism'...they can't be so stupid as to think eveyone is that stupid, that would be, well, stupid...but if they don't make any other changes then that will have left them with an admission of guilty of a faulty model..if all they did was upgrade the AF to the 51pt that would be awesome

If they upgraded the AF system and added an option to do one touch zoom in with the ok/multi selector center button, i would buy in a heartbeat

Sep 26, 2013 at 06:24 PM
WestcoastHD

p.1 #8 · D600 price drop

Actually it won't have any new features, but Nikon added three new colors.

Sep 26, 2013 at 06:52 PM
DontShoot
• • •
p.1 #9 · D600 price drop

What if Nikon introduced the D610 with similar specs to the D600, yet it ALSO has the dust and oil issue? I wonder what the crowd reaction would be....

Sep 26, 2013 at 07:04 PM
fsiagian
• • •
p.1 #10 · D600 price drop

Oh noooo....

Sep 26, 2013 at 07:08 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

lara_ckl
• •
p.1 #11 · D600 price drop

DontShoot wrote:
What if Nikon introduced the D610 with similar specs to the D600, yet it ALSO has the dust and oil issue? I wonder what the crowd reaction would be....

Given the well known ability of the internet to hear, and amplify, even the smallest pin drop, I won't be surprised that there will be reports that the new camera still have the old camera's problem.

Sep 26, 2013 at 08:45 PM
Kell
• • •
p.1 #12 · D600 price drop

yup, stuff sticks in peoples minds forever....I remember we used to eat at Sizzler growing up, tv report about hepatitis at that location, over 20 years ago and have never been back...us humans, good grief

Sep 26, 2013 at 08:49 PM
low325
• •
p.1 #13 · D600 price drop

wasnt the d3 a friggin dust bunny? no one ever complained about that?

Sep 26, 2013 at 10:15 PM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #14 · D600 price drop

runamuck wrote:
Nikon will NOT admit to a problem, and that is the problem. Introducing a "610" with minor tweaks gives a "new" camera and never admits to a problem. It's all a game of semantics.

Deserved or not, the D600 has a reputation as damaged goods. A new "model" overcomes that rep.

+1 - The Japanese culture does not allow for failure - never has.

Sep 26, 2013 at 10:56 PM
RLDubbya
• •
p.1 #15 · D600 price drop

I think the release of the D610 should be accompanied by a video featuring ritual seppuku of the project manager responsible for the D600 release, just to show the Internet community that Nikon does indeed take them seriously.

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:46 PM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #16 · D600 price drop

In the end, we're only $$$ to any of them.

Sep 27, 2013 at 01:41 AM
pburke
• • •
p.1 #17 · D600 price drop

lukeb wrote:
In the end, we're only $$$ to any of them.

that's why you chose the Nikon logo as your avatar, I guess.

Sep 27, 2013 at 03:50 AM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #18 · D600 price drop

pburke wrote:
that's why you chose the Nikon logo as your avatar, I guess.

No, because I have been shooting with Nikon since the '60's and like the products I have purchased. But I don't hold any pretenses that any of them are doing this for anything other than a profit - and we make those profits possible.

Sorta like a lion looking at its next meal

Sep 27, 2013 at 03:59 AM
runamuck
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · D600 price drop

RLDubbya wrote:
I think the release of the D610 should be accompanied by a video featuring ritual seppuku of the project manager responsible for the D600 release, just to show the Internet community that Nikon does indeed take them seriously.

Disembowelment may be just a bit extreme? Would probably draw record audiences on Discovery Channel, though.

Sep 27, 2013 at 04:27 AM
williamkazak
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · D600 price drop

The new camera will solve all our problems and the early adapters will find new problems with it.

Sep 27, 2013 at 06:16 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password