FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Andy Marcus Explains Himself

Bifurcator
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Andy Marcus Explains Himself

Famed wedding and celebrity photographer Andy Marcus takes us through his step-by-step wedding shoot process. Here we peek into the art and technique of shooting weddings from one of the greats. From shooting the ceremony to portraits, Andy explains his method and reviews some of the shots he takes within the seminar.

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Inku Yo
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Andy Marcus Explains Himself

Painful to watch. It was probably much better in person.

Sep 26, 2013 at 01:38 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Andy Marcus Explains Himself

Damn it, no offense but..people pay to go to these things?

Sep 26, 2013 at 02:26 PM
Daboyle
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Andy Marcus Explains Himself

Is this for people who have never photographed a wedding, nor know how to operate a camera??

Sep 26, 2013 at 04:46 PM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Andy Marcus Explains Himself

I skipped to halfway through the video and he was talking about servo vs one shot AF. At that point I closed the video.

Not fully convinced I want to spend 70 minutes on that.

Sep 26, 2013 at 05:22 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Andy Marcus Explains Himself

Capitalizing on brand new dSLR owners at it's finest.

Sep 26, 2013 at 05:49 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Andy Marcus Explains Himself

Hehe, I figured you pros might see it in this light. But ya I think it's a fairly good introduction to what's involved with wedding photography. I haven't done one since the 70's and I guess there are those here just starting out and wondering what the basic expectations are, where to stand and so forth. In my case I'm not looking to get into wedding photography or anything like that but thought this video might be interesting to someone thinking of doing so. I occasionally cruse wedding portfolios and ya mostly can't tell just by looking at them. But for sure, you guys are right on - if you have done more than one or two weddings this video is a waste of time. Even the audience questions were retarded IMO.

As for the presentation and entertainment value there was one kinda funny Donald Trump joke...

But most of the B&H videos are like this too. Extremely lame for those already in-the-know but maybe a little interesting for those just buying their first camera and wondering about going pro or trying to generate a little cash with the thing. I watched one with

" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Bob Straus
and felt like I was living in an old episode of the Outer Limits or something.

Edited on Sep 27, 2013 at 12:17 AM · View previous versions

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Andy Marcus Explains Himself

Bifurcator wrote:
most of the B&H videos are like this too. Extremely lame for those already in-the-know

I did see a video over at B&H that I found interesting. It featured a photog by the name of Ryan Brenizer. Ended up taking some notes for future reference.

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Andy Marcus Explains Himself

This one:

? Or one where B&H shows Brenizer taking credit for an old technique and calling it the "Brenizer Method" -

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:26 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Andy Marcus Explains Himself

Bifurcator wrote:
This one:

?

Yeah, it was that one right there!

I would recommend that one for someone who wants to learn more about the business of photography. (The guy must know what he's talking about - he's really $uccesful.) And plus there are some ideas about shot techniques thrown in, too.

Sep 27, 2013 at 01:14 AM
Beni
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Andy Marcus Explains Himself

Bifurcator wrote:
Hehe, I figured you pros might see it in this light. But ya I think it's a fairly good introduction to what's involved with wedding photography. I haven't done one since the 70's and I guess there are those here just starting out and wondering what the basic expectations are, where to stand and so forth. In my case I'm not looking to get into wedding photography or anything like that but thought this video might be interesting to someone thinking of doing so. I occasionally cruse wedding portfolios and ya mostly can't tell just by looking at them. But
...Show more

Difference is that you would expect that someone taking on a wedding would be more than competent photographically before they even tried to learn how to take on such an important task as a professional. You don't apply to learn how do drive a bus if you don't even have a license for a car.

Sep 27, 2013 at 02:34 AM
paregorike
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Andy Marcus Explains Himself

Bifurcator wrote:
This one:

? Or one where B&H shows Brenizer taking credit for an old technique and calling it the "Brenizer Method" -

For a while he would always say that the method is not original and just says that people just refer it as the Brenizer method, which he popularized. I think he just got tired of repeating the statement that he didn't create it, or in a smarter way, made a marketing plan out of it. Brand recognition, and hype can increase a persons perceived value.

Ron

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:34 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Andy Marcus Explains Himself

paregorike wrote:
For a while he would always say that the method is not original and just says that people just refer it as the Brenizer method

I heard that when Ryan first introduced the method that he, himself, referred to it as "stitched" something or other. I don't remember exactly what he called it but it had "stitched" in the name.

Sep 27, 2013 at 10:10 PM
RSpears

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Andy Marcus Explains Himself

Bifurcator wrote:
for those just buying their first camera and wondering about going pro .

this speaks volumes.

Sep 30, 2013 at 01:35 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Andy Marcus Explains Himself

RSpears wrote:
this speaks volumes

I just bought my first guitar. I'm thinkin' of goin' pro.

Sep 30, 2013 at 01:47 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.