Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Sandisk 64GB SDXC read problems in USB3 all in one

DeepShadows
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Sandisk 64GB SDXC read problems in USB3 all in one

So I purchased a Sandisk All in one USB3 reader about a year ago, with no problems until now. I just ordered a 64GB Sandisk Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-I card and I can't get it to read! I'm running Windows 7, My machine is super fast, and have never had a problem until now. The blue light comes on indicating it detects the card and I can't get it to read. I try importing in Lightroom 4.4, 5, and through windows to no avail. It causes a hang, the strangest thing ever. Even in windows it won't recognize the drive letter of the SD card slot but the other drive letters are there! I try other cards such as a 32GB Sandisk Extreme 45 MB/S and it works fine, compact flash no worries, but this new card and nothing. The card works fine in my Canon 6D. I eliminated the possibility that the card is pooched by trying it in my iMac and it reads it fine!!!!! I tried the image mate sandisk reader on USB 2 and still nothing! Anyone have any ideas? The card is supposed to be supported by the reader, and what's stranger still is that my iMac is a 2009 model and the reader in it works perfectly. I can't find any drivers as it is supposed to work natively. I have formatted the card only in the camera, both low-level and quick. Help?

Sep 26, 2013 at 04:40 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Sandisk 64GB SDXC read problems in USB3 all in one

Does you card reader support SDXC UHS-I cards? And do you have the latest firmware installed in it?

Sep 26, 2013 at 05:02 AM
DeepShadows
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Sandisk 64GB SDXC read problems in USB3 all in one

Yes it specifically states that it does. Can't find a firmware update for it? This is my reader.
Manufacturer's page

Edit: Found the latest firmware, now it doesn't hang it just won't recognize the card!

Sep 26, 2013 at 05:07 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password