Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda, JimFox
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Eylanda, Queen of the North

EdwinM
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Eylanda, Queen of the North

Eylanda or Iceland

Considered as the queen of the mountain or north is one of the most popular destination right now to shoot a wide range of landscape topography. It is also one of the few spots to shoot the northern lights. I would like to share my adventure of Eylanda.

My first salvo and post of my series from Iceland appropriately called...

EXTREME LIGHT | September 2013

I just got back from an almost 20 hour flight from Iceland. I spent 10 days travelling from the Easter part to shoot locations in the Golden Circle to the South. Our visit was not in good timing, a huge wave of clouds swept the country (also parts of Norway) and gave us little light to work with.

This was the last sunset shot of Jökulsárlón or literally translated to glacial river lagoon. We spent two sunset here and both days we were given good light in exchange of an overcast evening.

View 1300 px HiRes link

Canon 5d Mark III, Canon 16-35 f2.8 MarkII,, Singhray Filters, Benro Transfunctional Travel Angel - CF Twist Lock C2691TB1, Phottix Aion Wireless remote.

All rights reserved. No part of this photograph or image may be reproduced or transmitted, linked or shared in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of the owner.

View previous versions

Sep 26, 2013 at 03:46 AM
EdwinM
• •
p.1 #2 · Eylanda, Queen of the North

STANDING AT THE EDGE | September 2013

This was taken in Jökulsárlón, near the outlet where the lagoon goes to the Atlantic Ocean. Every turn of the tide, smaller chunks of ice is pulled towards the sea and is washed by the beach.

The strong waves that morning provided the right elements, instead of shooting towards the sea, I decided to include the glacier mountains as it is being lit up by sunlight.

Canon 5d Mark III, Canon 16-35 f2.8 MarkII,, Singhray Filters, Benro Transfunctional Travel Angel - CF Twist Lock C2691TB1, Phottix Aion Wireless remote.

All rights reserved. No part of this photograph or image may be reproduced or transmitted, linked or shared in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of the owner.

Sep 26, 2013 at 03:48 AM
savingspaces
• • •
p.1 #3 · Eylanda, Queen of the North

WOW! Both are stunning shots. Just fantastic.

Sep 26, 2013 at 03:53 AM
EdwinM
• •
p.1 #4 · Eylanda, Queen of the North

savingspaces wrote:
WOW! Both are stunning shots. Just fantastic.

Thanks.

Sep 26, 2013 at 05:41 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Eylanda, Queen of the North

nice sky reflections

Sep 26, 2013 at 09:20 PM
sachman
• • •
p.1 #6 · Eylanda, Queen of the North

Epic shots!

Sep 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Scott Kroeker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · Eylanda, Queen of the North

Wow.....#1 is a hanger!!

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:26 PM
dragonmonkey

p.1 #8 · Eylanda, Queen of the North

So beautiful!!! I've never seen such stunning shots like these - TFS

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Jfarmer
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Eylanda, Queen of the North

Love the shot with the foam action going away from the camera towards the shore.
JOn

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:34 AM
EdwinM
• •
p.1 #10 · Eylanda, Queen of the North

Thanks. I wanted one image that is unique and displays the light that day. This had little editing as llight was really fantastic that day.

Sep 27, 2013 at 01:54 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

EdwinM
• •
p.1 #11 · Eylanda, Queen of the North

dragonmonkey wrote:
So beautiful!!! I've never seen such stunning shots like these - TFS

Thank you again. With so many shots of Jokursalun, I wanted something unique and enduring. I hope I did capture that.

Sep 27, 2013 at 01:55 AM
kevindar
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Eylanda, Queen of the North

both are fantastic. first one is stunning.

Sep 27, 2013 at 02:09 AM
EdwinM
• •
p.1 #13 · Eylanda, Queen of the North

/img]

LAND'S END | September 2013

Lóndrangar are a pair of single sharp and steep cliffs, or volcanic plugs of basalt, that have been hewn out from softer surrounding rock by erosion. At 75 m and 61 m respectively, they are a singular sight, rising above and outside the ocean front due east across from Malarrif and some 10 km from Hellnar, on the southern coast of Snćfellsnes peninsula, Iceland (from wikipedia).

My take on this famous landmark in Iceland. Shooting this place is quite easy, you park your car and walk about 100meters up the hill. The difficult part is the wind, having exposures of longer than 30 seconds would prove difficult especially with light and weak tripods.

Another challenging aspect is that from time to time the edge of the cliff shakes as strong waves hits the base. I for one though it was an earthquake.

Sep 27, 2013 at 02:15 AM
chez
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · Eylanda, Queen of the North

No. 1 is simply amazing. Love the soft light you captured here. Very nice composition. A pleasing image to look at.

Sep 27, 2013 at 02:22 AM
Justin Grimm
• • •
p.1 #15 · Eylanda, Queen of the North

Saw #1 on 500px I think. Looks great, and it has such a nice colour palette.

Sep 27, 2013 at 03:04 AM
EdwinM
• •
p.1 #16 · Eylanda, Queen of the North

Thanks Justin....

Sep 27, 2013 at 03:08 AM
EdwinM
• •
p.1 #17 · Eylanda, Queen of the North

Last photo. I would love to add more from other places we have shot in Iceland. Ill probably stick to Jökulsárlón location.

ICE CANDIES

Sep 27, 2013 at 06:48 AM
Butch Braniger
• •
p.1 #18 · Eylanda, Queen of the North

These are all stunning! Thanks for sharing.

Sep 27, 2013 at 03:51 PM
dcopher

p.1 #19 · Eylanda, Queen of the North

Stunning work. Truly exceptional.

Sep 27, 2013 at 05:26 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · Eylanda, Queen of the North

Whoa! 'Ice Candies' is a very cool shot.

Sep 27, 2013 at 05:58 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password