FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Where's Brian?

Julian Nell
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Where's Brian?

I have noticed that Brian (LordV) hasn't posted in a while...does anyone know where he is?

I hope everything's alright.

Julian

Sep 25, 2013 at 03:51 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Where's Brian?

I noticed the same thing. Brian, we miss you.

Birdie

Sep 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Dalantech
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Where's Brian?

I thought I saw him comment on a post a few days ago, but I haven't seen him start a post in a while. I miss his focus stacking magic (even though I don't stack).

Sep 26, 2013 at 12:34 AM
LordV
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Where's Brian?

Thanks for the concern everybody- I'm fine. I just took exception to Tom's view on what macrophotography is all about and the standard of photographs posted over the last few years and decided not to post here anymore.

Brian v.

Sep 26, 2013 at 05:33 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Where's Brian?

Well it is certainly our loss. I for one will very much miss your wonderful shots. I certainly thing there is room for different styles , or at least I hope so.

Birdie

Sep 26, 2013 at 08:37 AM
Julian Nell
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Where's Brian?

birdied wrote:
Well it is certainly our loss. I for one will very much miss your wonderful shots. I certainly thing there is room for different styles , or at least I hope so.

Birdie

+1000

Julian

Sep 26, 2013 at 10:16 AM
M Vers
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Where's Brian?

LordV wrote:
Thanks for the concern everybody- I'm fine. I just took exception to Tom's view on what macrophotography is all about and the standard of photographs posted over the last few years and decided not to post here anymore.

Brian v.

While I respect Tom, I would not let one opinion deter you from posting here--that's really not doing any one a favor. People visit this forum to admire work, not everyone is looking for criticism or specific artistic perspectives. I do hope you will reconsider but if you don't I hope to see you elsewhere.

Sep 26, 2013 at 02:00 PM
Julian Nell
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Where's Brian?

What he said.

Julian

Sep 26, 2013 at 03:47 PM
Tom Hicks
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Where's Brian?

LordV wrote:

Brian v.

Brian , if one does not stir the pot every once in awhile things get very very stagnant, and this place sure had . . Brian I'm sorry you took this personally , this was not the case. Your a smart man and you can't tell me that the forums have not gone to the back slapping good job route.

Brian you are the most constant poster we have and are very good at what you do . The forum members look to you for a lot of different things , as do I .

Your every day bug stuff for me is not very exciting , I didn't say it wasn't good . I do however love your 3d stuff . Now that I'm permanently cross-eyed from years of trying to see them the way I was supposed to. And no one does dew drop reflections like you. In my opinion this is where you shine and what inspires me about you. You do it so well ,I have not even tried and probably never will. This to me is where your artistic side really takes over.

I also like the experimentation you bring to us , I try to ,when time permits, but the past years i have just not had time or the inclination . Remember you brought to us the KOMURA TELEMORE95 II 2X LENS TELE CONVERTER and gave all of us the ability of infinity focus with the MP-E .That was a game changer for me as well as others .

So take this for what it is worth , don't leave on my account I'm not worth it , but I will continue to stir the POT.

Tom

Sep 26, 2013 at 06:48 PM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.