Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Two from Iceland

Jglaser757
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Two from Iceland

I have been away traveling for the last two months,, Here are two from a recent adventure in Iceland!

Sep 25, 2013 at 12:24 PM
dmacmillan
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Two from Iceland

Very nice! It looks a little different from Florida! Of the two, I prefer the second. I think the composition is more dynamic.

Show us more!

Sep 25, 2013 at 12:53 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Two from Iceland

So much water action ... diggin' it.

Looks like you might have a magenta cast. Some tweaks for comparison. S&P to taste.

Sep 25, 2013 at 03:24 PM
Jglaser757
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Two from Iceland

RustyBug wrote:
So much water action ... diggin' it.

Looks like you might have a magenta cast. Some tweaks for comparison. S&P to taste.

Thanks,,I have been having issues with that cast,,couldnt seem to get it right,,but thats much better,,,did you you temp or tint for that? or both?

Sep 25, 2013 at 03:38 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Two from Iceland

Thanks.

I use color balance layers in PS ... working shadows & highlights independently. Relative to temp vs. tint, it was probably the equivalent to using both. I also used a gradient mask to leave a bit of it to remain in the more distant background, i.e S&P to taste.

Sep 25, 2013 at 04:17 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Two from Iceland

On my bucket list.
Beautiful images.
I am imagine that where to focus, what to crop leads to endless opportunities, challenges, successful variations.
Of the two I prefer the second, with color correction of the cast per Kent.
While the first is also beautiful and plays with a more diagonal flow, it somehow feels truncated at the top. The second, with its symmetry, which I like, says more about how it all flows together (at least locally).
Love to see more.
Scott

Sep 27, 2013 at 01:31 AM
Wyn Carraway

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Two from Iceland

Both really nice. The first feels like it's the beginning of cinema crane shot, I expect the image to keep going but obviously it doesn't which feels a little awkward.

The second image keeps my eye happily exploring the image within it's boundaries. The color correcting look great.

One nit would be that, for me, the image is too sharp. I may be a bit old school when it comes to HDR, digital processing, etc., so take my nit with a grain of salt.

Hope to see more. Photograph those icebergs while they still exist!

Oct 02, 2013 at 06:53 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password