New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Moss Glen Falls

beanpkk
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Moss Glen Falls

Moss Glen Falls near Granville, Vermont, in a drizzle and after days of rain. I find moving water a tough subject in part because I have yet to find a magic formula that works for any waterfall (!) and because the degree of blurring of the water is such a matter of taste. I sort of like this image, but I welcome any ideas/suggestions for improving it.

Thanks for looking!
Keith

Moss Glen Falls by beanp, on Flickr

Sep 24, 2013 at 07:51 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Moss Glen Falls

I like the amount of water blur in this one. And I like the color of the water @ very neutral. I might consider cropping a little bit from the bottom to rebalance the weighting of the foreground vs. the waterfall ... giving the waterfall a touch more prominence. Maybe some crop of the right side, but that's a The "little fall" in the llc is a nice touch on the composition.

Sep 24, 2013 at 08:19 PM
johnmatrix84
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Moss Glen Falls

I like the look of the water. You did a good job with the shutter speed. I might try a 4x5 crop to see if you can raise the prominence of the waterfall.

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:20 PM
beanpkk
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Moss Glen Falls

Thanks Rusty and john. Here's a re-crop as suggested:

Moss Glen Falls by beanp, on Flickr

keith

Sep 25, 2013 at 03:00 AM
johnmatrix84
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Moss Glen Falls

That looks better. I would dodge the yellow rock on the right; I think it is a little distracting. I would burn the small fall on the left to get a call and response in your image.

Sep 25, 2013 at 09:57 AM
FarmerJohn
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Moss Glen Falls

I definitely like the re-crop a lot more. I think I would even crop tighter on the right to get rid of the bright rocks and also make the view go more strongly from upper right to lower left.

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:52 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.