FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · mountain wedding in Jasper

CareyNash
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · mountain wedding in Jasper

A beautiful and challenging wedding about 2 weeks ago in Jasper Canada. The day I arrived it was overcast and as I was scouting I had these great ideas that would look great with some large clouds and dark skies and umbrellas, and then the sun blasted us and surprised us on the wedding day changing a few spots and thoughts that I had in my head. A great reminder to myself that scouting is very important (to me) and more importantly that each wedding changes by the minute and we have to be adaptive.

Sep 23, 2013 at 08:37 AM
cineski
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · mountain wedding in Jasper

Gorgeous wedding! I'm not a fan of tilt shift but your example with the pine tree in the foreground is very nice.

Sep 23, 2013 at 08:44 AM
CareyNash
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · mountain wedding in Jasper

cineski wrote:
Gorgeous wedding! I'm not a fan of tilt shift but your example with the pine tree in the foreground is very nice.

I have to agree, I bought the 45 mm and I use it about 2-3 times a wedding and usually for the purpose of having two focal points, on foreground and one deeper into the image . Normally with the subject in front and the landscape in the back. I just ended up taking off my 24 mm and giving this shot a try and liked the result.

Sep 23, 2013 at 09:02 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · mountain wedding in Jasper

Great images, every one. Reminds me of why personally I'd much rather cover a country wedding than a city wedding any day.

But in #1, there's a canoe way off near the shoreline. Adds perspective, on the one hand, but might also make it look appear to be a resort full of big-city slickers instead of the couple alone in rugged, isolated wilderness.

Sep 23, 2013 at 09:18 AM
CareyNash
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · mountain wedding in Jasper

Nikon_14 wrote:
Great images, every one. Reminds me of why personally I'd much rather cover a country wedding than a city wedding any day.

But in #1, there's a canoe way off near the shoreline. Adds perspective, on the one hand, but might also make it look appear to be a resort full of big-city slickers instead of the couple alone in rugged, isolated wilderness.

I'm more a destination wedding fan myself as well, a new place and some new scenery and more intimate. The fishing boat in the back I left for quite the opposite reason actually. I guess we all see it differently but I liked that it added the small fishing lake element to it. I would have preferred it more obvious and close to them to give it more power but being small I wonder a bit as well. Thanks for checking it out

Sep 23, 2013 at 09:29 AM
mineymole
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · mountain wedding in Jasper

Love them.

Sep 23, 2013 at 09:59 AM
morby
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · mountain wedding in Jasper

Really nice! I wish I had views like that for my weddings. #4 looks like you went heavy with the exposure adjustment brush around the couple. #1 is my favorite, but they are all stunning

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:08 AM
CareyNash
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · mountain wedding in Jasper

morby wrote:
Really nice! I wish I had views like that for my weddings. #4 looks like you went heavy with the exposure adjustment brush around the couple. #1 is my favorite, but they are all stunning

I was actually using nik software viveva. You may be right and I should go back and back it off a bit. Thanks

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:16 AM
david1234
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · mountain wedding in Jasper

These are beautiful, amazing work and perfect light

Sep 23, 2013 at 03:17 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · mountain wedding in Jasper

awesome! love #2

Sep 23, 2013 at 03:18 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · mountain wedding in Jasper

I dig them

Sep 23, 2013 at 03:40 PM
MalachiConstant
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · mountain wedding in Jasper

Goodness! I'm into this

Sep 28, 2013 at 04:35 PM
Ian Boys
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · mountain wedding in Jasper

i love these!

Sep 28, 2013 at 04:48 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.