FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Bird_Photography...1st time here

niqlu
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bird_Photography...1st time here

First time for me to put up photos here. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Sep 23, 2013 at 06:52 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bird_Photography...1st time here

Welcome to the forum niqlu. Nice set of ring-billed gull shots. I like the perspective in the first one, and that one is my pick of the set.

Sep 23, 2013 at 07:01 AM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bird_Photography...1st time here

nice set. welcome. come back and post more!

Sep 23, 2013 at 07:37 AM
Reeftank1
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Bird_Photography...1st time here

Nice! Keep them coming and you will find a great group of fine professionals and hobbyists here. Listen and you can learn a great deal while having a fantastic time.

Welcome.
Brian

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:01 AM
ScottHM
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Bird_Photography...1st time here

Welcome to the show...quite a group of performers here...some quite spectacular. Nice set of shots, I think I like 1 and 3 the best.

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM
acjd
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Bird_Photography...1st time here

Welcome.

I like #3 the best and offer one suggestion. Try to have the bird looking into a space where they are heading, not the edge of the frame. In other words, put more white space to the left of that frame and crop off more of the right. Good start.

Sep 23, 2013 at 01:40 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Bird_Photography...1st time here

A nice set Arthur. Welcome, and keep posting here. 4 is my pick from this set ~ Ron

Sep 23, 2013 at 05:41 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Bird_Photography...1st time here

nice job on the gulls Arthur

Sep 23, 2013 at 06:12 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Bird_Photography...1st time here

Welcome !!! Nice set . Love the low perspective . 3 and 4 are my favorites. Would like to see a bit more room on the left in the third shot Look forward to more .

Birdie

Sep 23, 2013 at 07:11 PM
mallardg500
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Bird_Photography...1st time here

Not bad at all for the first time niqlu.

Phoo

Sep 25, 2013 at 02:23 PM
B Benson
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Bird_Photography...1st time here

Welcome to FM, Nice start with the gulls. A few suggestions if you don't mind.
#1. crop some off of the left side since it is not adding anything to the image. Crop off about two thirds of the background. Our eyes and brains don't seem to like out of focus in the front of an image as much as the background. Try to get a little more of the eyes. The low perspective makes for a really nice image. Try look at the image using your hand and fingers to make these crops and see if it makes sense.

#2 Nice action in this one but the tight fit into the frames takes away from the impact.

#3 Nice subject and pose would be better if you cropped off much of the right side again since it does not really add anything of interest and distracts from the subject.

#4 I like this one the best of your images, the tight crop again takes away from the image. The birds are centered in the frame and would be more powerful if they were more to the right side giving them room to move forward into the frame. I like the pose of the background gull since the eye is slightly turned. For birds try to get the head turned slightly and not facing straight out of the frame or straight at you.

#5 One of the first rules of photography is to keep you horizon level, also the pose is not interesting, just walking away from you.

All are well exposed and sharp.

Hope you don't mind the suggestions and take them as they are meant.

Bruce Benson

Sep 25, 2013 at 03:30 PM
dorian
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Bird_Photography...1st time here

welcome arthur! the other have basically covered what suggestions i would make. keep after the gulls, they make excellent practice subjects!

dorian

Sep 25, 2013 at 06:36 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.