FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · My new camera for your approval

nugeny
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My new camera for your approval

I just bought a "back up" for my D800e. Thought I would show you some wildlife and nature.
To see if you approve of the IQ. thanks for looking

Sep 22, 2013 at 05:18 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My new camera for your approval

4 more

Sep 22, 2013 at 05:20 PM
Herb Houghton
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My new camera for your approval

I might guess this a p and s by the noise in some of the BGD's but #2-4 are crisp and clean like shots from a dslr.

Sep 22, 2013 at 05:26 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · My new camera for your approval

Herb Houghton wrote:
I might guess this a p and s by the noise in some of the BGD's but #2-4 are crisp and clean like shots from a dslr.

You are close

Sep 22, 2013 at 06:15 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · My new camera for your approval

The flora shots are nice Bob ~ Ron

Sep 22, 2013 at 06:47 PM
Lightsearcher
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · My new camera for your approval

Congratulations for your new Panasonic DMC-FZ200.

Marcelo

Sep 22, 2013 at 07:05 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · My new camera for your approval

Those Panosonic P&S superzooms do a great job when you don't over crop. The flowers and leaves are great.

Morris

Sep 22, 2013 at 07:40 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · My new camera for your approval

Lightsearcher wrote:
Congratulations for your new Panasonic DMC-FZ200.

Marcelo

Tell me how do you know it? you look at the exif?
Any way that is right. I bought it because : 24--600mm/ STRAIGHT f2.8.
I think its successor in two more generations will be replacing all my expensive, heavy Nikon's, when I am to feeble to carry more than 2 lbs.
bob

Sep 22, 2013 at 08:05 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · My new camera for your approval

morris wrote:
Those Panosonic P&S superzooms do a great job when you don't over crop. The flowers and leaves are great.

Morris

You are right. the straight f2.8 is great. But I don't think it is ready for prime time, not yet. Maybe in 2 generations.
Bob

Sep 22, 2013 at 08:07 PM
kzoockof
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · My new camera for your approval

The fact that you can get these images with a P&S shows how far P&S cameras have come. Others (non photographers) seeing such images question the sanity of spending thousands on a HQ photo kit when P&S performs so well!

What they fail to recognize is that it still takes a talented photographer to accomplish the goals of a great image.

I still take as many pictures with a P&S as I do with my more expensive and higher quality gear, since the P&S easily fits in my pocket.

Sep 22, 2013 at 08:57 PM
JHC
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · My new camera for your approval

I can hand off my 5dmk3 or 7d with an L lens, after all the manual settings are set and telling someone exactly how to focus and where to stand and how to compose the pic, by showing previous pics...and get snapshot looking non frame filling rule of 1/364'th (instead of rule of... 1/3) pics of me and my wife at a once in a lifetime event 9 times out of 10.

So it's not all gear, it's the person behind it.

Your pics look a little harsh to me, I'm not familiar with that camera, but are well composed and interesting.

-John

Sep 22, 2013 at 09:38 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · My new camera for your approval

kzoockof wrote:
The fact that you can get these images with a P&S shows how far P&S cameras have come. Others (non photographers) seeing such images question the sanity of spending thousands on a HQ photo kit when P&S performs so well!

What they fail to recognize is that it still takes a talented photographer to accomplish the goals of a great image.

I still take as many pictures with a P&S as I do with my more expensive and higher quality gear, since the P&S easily fits in my pocket.

Just about this: this camera+lens 24-600mm/ constant f2.8 all cost less than $550.00.
My D4 body alone $6000.00, D800e $3200.00 and the 400/ 2.8 VR alone $9000.00, if you want f4, only 560mm it will cost you $450 more.

Now I said the Panasonic is no prime time yet, not yet, but for the price and for what it can do compared with all those gears I mentioned---,not to mention the expensive tripod, gimball...
This Panasonic is a phenomenal bargain.

Sep 22, 2013 at 09:43 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · My new camera for your approval

beetlefang wrote:
I can hand off my 5dmk3 or 7d with an L lens, after all the manual settings are set and telling someone exactly how to focus and where to stand and how to compose the pic, by showing previous pics...and get snapshot looking non frame filling rule of 1/364'th (instead of rule of... 1/3) pics of me and my wife at a once in a lifetime event 9 times out of 10.

So it's not all gear, it's the person behind it.

Your pics look a little harsh to me, I'm not familiar with that camera, but are well composed and interesting.

-John

John,
the camera is 3 days old for me, am learning. But seeing what I see, I am impressed. Look at the prices I wrote above, you will see this camera is a phenomenon. As I said , not yet prime time for me who has been shooting D4, D800e and lens 400mm/2.8 vr , the price : $550.00 vs
$18000.00+ that is eighteen thousands + compared with $550.00, that has a lens 24-600mm/f2.8 VR not 400mm/f2.8vr.
As I learn I think the IQ will get a lot better.

Sep 22, 2013 at 09:51 PM
scottam10
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · My new camera for your approval

Cameras are like high-end stereo systems, you spend 10 times more for a 10% improvement.

P&S are improving, but part of the value in an SLR is the focusing speed and reaction time; sure you can get great shots with a P&S but you'll normally be able to react quicker to nail fleeting moments and have a higher success rate with an SLR.

But the camera you have with you will always take a better shot than the SLR at home

Is it worth spending $18000+ and carrying heavy gear for a small improvement? Only you can decide

Sep 22, 2013 at 10:03 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · My new camera for your approval

scottam10 wrote:
Cameras are like high-end stereo systems, you spend 10 times more for a 10% improvement.

P&S are improving, but part of the value in an SLR is the focusing speed and reaction time; sure you can get great shots with a P&S but you'll normally be able to react quicker to nail fleeting moments and have a higher success rate with an SLR.

But the camera you have with you will always take a better shot than the SLR at home

Is it worth spending $18000+ and carrying heavy gear for a small improvement? Only you can decide

As I said, not yet prime time, but by the time I am to feeble, this camera + 2 more generations, in 2 or 3 years, it will be serious.
Good for all of us.

Sep 22, 2013 at 10:16 PM
JHC
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · My new camera for your approval

I agree a point and shoot is very handy due to portability. It's better to have a small camera while you're on the trip than an expensive setup left at home. And the price difference is phenomenal.

I apologize if i sounded know-it-all or snooty. That was not my intention.

Thanks for posting the images! My point and shoot is the canon elph. Basically the only reason I got a dslr is for the shutter speed and f stop to freeze my dogs in the woods. I was tired of getting pictures of their tales

-John

Sep 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · My new camera for your approval

beetlefang wrote:
I agree a point and shoot is very handy due to portability. It's better to have a small camera while you're on the trip than an expensive setup left at home. And the price difference is phenomenal.

I apologize if i sounded know-it-all or snooty. That was not my intention.

Thanks for posting the images! My point and shoot is the canon elph. Basically the only reason I got a dslr is for the shutter speed and f stop to freeze my dogs in the woods. I was tired of getting pictures of their tales

-John

John,
the ZF200 has tremendous burst! and No noise. I can stand next to the hummers and other birds and shoot without scarring them away like my D4 or even the D800e.

Sep 22, 2013 at 10:58 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.