Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Bus and Bridge

eeneryma
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Bus and Bridge

Started a new project recently photographing some old bridges. They're the variety that look like they were built out of an erector set. Love the geometric patterns. Any pp suggestions appreciated.

Sep 22, 2013 at 07:46 PM
beanpkk
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Bus and Bridge

You found an interesting bus -- what a wild pattern! A couple of things strike me -- the image cuts off the wheels -- was that a deliberate choice? Also, the image shows what must be the back end of the bus but not the front end. I wonder if it would be better if it showed either both ends or maybe even neither end. Did you shoot a burst here?

I like the b/w and the contrast of the pattern of the bus and the pattern of the girders above.

FWIW,
Keith

Sep 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM
eeneryma
• •
p.1 #3 · Bus and Bridge

Hi Keith:
I was standing on the walkway of the bridge, and shot the bus as it was moving by at about 45 miles per hour. I got off two shots. The first shot was the front third of the bus that had no pattern. For both shots, I had my eye on the design of the girders and inadvertantly clipped off the bottom of the wheels . The whole time I was on the bridge it was shaking as trucks and 18 wheelers continuously flew by...not for the feint of heart.

Sep 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Camperjim
• • •
p.1 #4 · Bus and Bridge

If you like this sort of geometric designs, you might try shooting from below electric line towers.

Sep 23, 2013 at 01:08 AM
eeneryma
• •
p.1 #5 · Bus and Bridge

We're on the same wave length Appreciate your suggestions, Jim.
Steve

eeneryma 2012

Electric lines

Sep 23, 2013 at 01:44 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Bus and Bridge

Good eye, good timing.
I think it works as is.
As Jim suggested, it might be even stronger with both ends of the bus cut off.
Scott

Sep 23, 2013 at 09:38 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password