New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · CPS Changes

RobertLynn
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · CPS Changes

I read in a thread recently that CPS changed the way they are doing their program. I had an item that I wanted to send into Canon and when I was in the folder getting one of those gold labels, I noticed my membership had lapsed. So I jumped online and renewed my membership and received my new welcome kit.

I just received this folder yesterday (Friday, the 20th), and it contained in it, 4 sheets of gold labels, 2 clean and check vouchers, a loan request form, and a work request form.

I thought the changes were doing away from the clean and check vouchers, and going to an all internal system?

The item I sent in was an in warranty lens (16-35ii) so I'm not sure if they have moved to the new discount price or not, on their labor. So if they haven't and you're thinking of sending anything in (the way I read the thread was that the discount went down), maybe do it now if they haven't lowered the rate.

Just a heads up to you guys/gals who are CPS members.

Take care

Sep 21, 2013 at 08:59 AM
Jim Cowsert
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · CPS Changes

It all starts Oct. 1st. Just sent a lens in for repair under my platinum account and still at 60% off repairs. I asked them when then new changes go in effect and that since my membership won't expire until April 2014 if I will still get the 60% off for repairs until then. They said no, only until Oct. 1st. I told them that they should at least honor the 60% off until the membership expires and was told that I would need to talk to a supervisor if that came up later.

Sep 21, 2013 at 09:13 AM
cineski
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · CPS Changes

I was just in CPS this week for calibrations and we spoke about this. There was mention that for certain Platinum members the old benefits would be extended by 6 months but not for Gold. I'm Gold so I didn't press the issue so I can't comment. So get your gear looked at now if you need it because the new benefits are sub par compared to the old ones. And yes, vouchers will be a thing of the past.

Sep 21, 2013 at 09:20 AM
jamato8
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · CPS Changes

So what is the discount for Gold now? Seems like everything is going up and the wrong things are going down.

Sep 22, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Rich Phalin

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · CPS Changes

20% for gold

Sep 23, 2013 at 04:50 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · CPS Changes

I find this is really ridiculous. Since when this is okay to do? I have never seen any other companies do anything like this before. Most would have grandfathered in the old members without any questions.

For this, I sorta make me wonder about one thing. Canon has recently changed their policy about warranty on refurbished items from 3 months to 1 year. I wonder if Canon extends warranty from 3 months to 1 year for those who bought an item before the new policy kicked in.

It'd be very very ridiculous if Canon decides to change their policy for old CPS members, but then opt out those who bought refurbished products before the new warranty policy. You just can't have it both ways.

P.S. If all of this is okay, so it is definitely not out of the question that Canon may decide to reduce the benefits even further a few months after, right?

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:13 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.