Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Pentax 645D

mickr7an
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pentax 645D

I'm considering getting this camera to add to my Canon 5DIII for higher resolution photos. Is anyone out there using it in the real world for pro photography and what do you think of it?

I shoot commercial work mostly in the corporate and industry sector on location almost always featuring people as the focus but also quite a bit of studio portraits and recently product photography.

Sep 21, 2013 at 04:47 AM
Deezie
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pentax 645D

It does get high ratings from users, but it does have some limitations in comparison to other MFD cameras. Go to the Luminous Landscape site. There are many experienced MFD users there that can share their experiences on camera bodies.

Sep 25, 2013 at 02:37 PM
GoGo
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pentax 645D

If you shoot mostly people you should consider a Hasselblad, they have a certified pre owned program where you get the best bang for your buck.

http://www.hasselbladusa.com/promotions/certified-pre-owned.aspx

That and the H4D is the most accurately focusing body in Medium Format.

Try them all before you decide, find out what you like and dislike.

Sep 27, 2013 at 08:56 PM
Micky Bill
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pentax 645D

I think Benjikan just got one, he is one of the high end fashion shooters and sort of on FM

Sep 27, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Brit-007
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pentax 645D

I picked up a really nice deal on a Mamiya 645. It only has a 22mp back on it but the images compared to a 1DsIII were outstanding. On comparing the 2, the 1Ds looked terrible with the blacks all washed out. Nothing wrong with the exposure it was just the medium format has so much detail.

Be wary. Although it says a 22mp back, the RAW files are 48MB. Converting to 16 bit TIFF to allow work in normal programs, files are 128MB. It does require a different perspective and workflow when working on files.

Oct 14, 2013 at 08:07 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password