New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Fuji X100S

jo53mo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji X100S

Why is the Fuji X100S out of stock for such a long time?

Sep 20, 2013 at 07:50 PM
marko1953
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji X100S

Amazing camera = high demand=low supplies

Sep 20, 2013 at 08:14 PM
hijazist
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji X100S

marko1953 wrote:
Amazing camera = high demand=low supplies

+1, I've just got mine a few days ago and there's nothing to complain about except the bad weather here in Houston I would check the B&S forum, there's a couple at an excellent price.

Sep 20, 2013 at 08:32 PM
fishjump
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fuji X100S

I don't know. I walked into my local store last Friday, he had just received 5 of them. When I left he only had four.

Sep 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fuji X100S

I paid $100 over retail for mine several months back (it did include a pleather case, at least) and sold it used for $100 over retail a few weeks ago. Granted, with fees and some of the accessories that I threw in, I still lost a little bit of money, but the X100s is still a hot camera.

Sep 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM
mechx
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fuji X100S

I was looking at the x100s myself, but I keep seeing so many folks selling these shorty after buying one. Sometimes for a loss (paid over retail)...seems they can't get past the single focal length, or something. But I see quite a few go up for sale lately...

Sep 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fuji X100S

mechx wrote:
I was looking at the x100s myself, but I keep seeing so many folks selling these shorty after buying one. Sometimes for a loss (paid over retail)...seems they can't get past the single focal length, or something. But I see quite a few go up for sale lately...

Its also a camera that sells huge numbers, so the real question is if your seeing a few up for sale all the time because a higher percentage don't like it, or if its just because there are so many more out there.

For example, I hardly see a Sigma Merrill for sale, but that is probably due to the fact that they don't sell that many in the first place compared to other camera's rather than that everyone loves the thing (though it is awesome)

Sep 21, 2013 at 03:17 PM
mechx
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fuji X100S

millsart wrote:
Its also a camera that sells huge numbers,

And Fuji cannot keep up with demand as it is. Imagine how many used ones would be for sale if Fuji could fulfill demand...One thing is for sure, Fuji must be doing something right because their products seem to be selling, new and used...

Sep 21, 2013 at 03:48 PM
robsonj
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fuji X100S

Thought I read a shipment got water damaged? Maybe caused a lack of supply.

Sep 21, 2013 at 08:40 PM
rattymouse
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fuji X100S

mechx wrote:
And Fuji cannot keep up with demand as it is. Imagine how many used ones would be for sale if Fuji could fulfill demand...One thing is for sure, Fuji must be doing something right because their products seem to be selling, new and used...

And yet they are still nowhere near turning a profit with their Imaging Solutions division. Amazing.

Sep 21, 2013 at 08:56 PM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fuji X100S

rattymouse wrote:
And yet they are still nowhere near turning a profit with their Imaging Solutions division. Amazing.

Lots of R&D cost for all the various models they keep rolling out at a crazy pace, I mean XPro, XE-1, XM-1, now another even smaller XM-1 lite or something, and with a lot of glass, some of it even a little redundant like a 18-55 and then a 16-50 for example.

That has to equate to a lot of expense and realistically in the big picture, the sales volume is still pretty low

I mean on enthusiast web forums its a hot camera, and there are more people who want one than they can seem to get to market, but its still a bit of a niche demand market, and they really can't have too big of markup as they seem to want to compete on price as well as features.

Sep 21, 2013 at 09:13 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Fuji X100S

I guess they are playing like Sony, throw loads of stuff at the wall and see what sticks. Presumably they will settle down once they find success.

Sep 22, 2013 at 04:39 AM
rattymouse
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Fuji X100S

I've seen a few X cameras out in the wild. Mostly the X100 with the occasional X Pro 1 or X-E1. But very few and far between compared to SLR's or even more traditional mirrorless cameras.

Sep 22, 2013 at 05:12 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.